1. Week 51 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C244GP Native Chief
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco C244GP Native Chief G10 + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Dec 21 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 50 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer C01C Sheepdog Ki4488A & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, Cold Steel Stickers & Boker Tree Brand Hat , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

1st they tell you one thing and then..( Or how the Smoke & Prayers along/with God )

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Yvsa, Mar 6, 2002.

1. Berkley

Berkley

May 5, 1999
    Yvsa, it is wonderful to see that you are back at the computer, able to correspond with your many friends again. I can attest that the power of prayer, smoke, flags etc., from this congregation has a receptive Hearer. May your condition continue to improve.
    Berk

2. scalawag

scalawag

Jan 21, 2001
    Amen!...Welcome back and keep up the spirits!....Great news! HAHOO!

3. Federico

Federico

Sep 5, 2000
    Great to see you back. Hope things stay on the up and up.

4. firkin

firkin

Jan 26, 2002
    Yvsa,

So glad to hear that you are on the mend both in mind and body. While I may be weaker of mind than some, I still believe that that the body follows the mind. The mind is most important to health.

The diagnosis of your condition is great news. I too am mystified by the water issue...I thought that usually the body would just excrete the excess water and it would help carry away things that the body didn't want. Perhaps this water thing is a clue that points to something else that can be treated...I humbly suggest that you bug the docs on this. Going without the salt can be tough, depending upon your previous habits. Ask them about substituting dill. I find that in foods where the herb flavor is acceptable, it seems to want much less salt than I would have added otherwise.

I an thankful for what I have learned from you to date, and look forward to what you might teach us/me in the future. I have a "plain" YCS special next to my computer as I type this and it reinforces my belief that you have much more to contribute.

5. redvenom

redvenom

Aug 15, 2000
    Yvsa thats the kind of news we were hoping for. Good to see you are on the road to recovery.

Andrew Limsk

6. SkagSig40

SkagSig40

Feb 1, 2001
    I'm very happy to hear this Yvsa! This made my day! We will keep sending prayers up for you!:)

7. wildmanh

wildmanh Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker

Jul 9, 2000
    Yvsa, I've been wondering how you have been doing. It's great to hear that things are going so much better for you. :)

8. Raven's Beak

Raven's Beak

Feb 8, 2002
    Glad to hear the good news. You were one of the first to welcome me to the forum under my old moniker, and I always enjoy your commentary. About water, remember the Golden Mean- all things in moderation;). Except khukuris:p .

Patrick Mc

9. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    Are you ready for another Catoosa convention, Bro?

10. golok

golok

Oct 20, 2000
    Yvsa, as my next door neighbour always say:

Live long and prosper!

11. Bobwhite

Bobwhite

Nov 30, 1999
    Prayer works, Praise God! Glad you are on the mend brother.

12. Howard Wallace

Howard Wallace . Moderator

Feb 23, 1999
    I warned you about that water stuff! It'll kill you sure enuf!

Pass the khukuri rum!

13. Rusty

Rusty Moderator Moderator

Mar 8, 1999
    Oh, what the hail. I said it before and I'll say it again. Fact is, the place ain't the same without ya. And if I didn't say it before, I shoulda.

14. Howard Wallace

Howard Wallace . Moderator

Feb 23, 1999
  15. Paulo Nilson

Paulo Nilson

Oct 14, 2001
    Yvsa, I'm very glad to know that you are back, and well!

16. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    Yep, back with a new set of rules to live by. Now if I can just get Bro to substitute Heineken for Pepsi he'll start performing like a spring chicken.

17. Yvsa

Yvsa

May 18, 1999
    Thanks Paulo, it's a great day to live!!!!:)

I was kinda resentful of the new rules to live by at 1st, but since I have slept the last three nights without having to get up on a p call I am beginning to really like the new rules.
    I actually slept 7 1/2 hours straight through last
    night!!!!!
    I haven't slept like that for, well quite frankly I can't remember how long ago it was, but I know that the time could be counted in years and not weeks or months!!!!!!!

18. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    If you substitute the Heineken for Pepsi you'll sleep even better.

19. Yvsa

Yvsa

May 18, 1999
    Bro I just can't get used to the taste of Heineken somehow.:barf: There's other beers I prefer. Amber Bock is one.:p
    You may not believe it, but we still have a case of the Amber Bock that Hawk brought up for the khuk khon @ Catoosa!!!!:eek:
    And that shows you just how much I drink.
    But if I enhanced my last cup of water with an ounce or two of good single malt Scotch I would maybe sleep better too.

20. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    Seriously, doesn't Pepsi have caffein in it?