1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Benchmade 535 Bugout, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 16 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

2004 Midwes Khuk Khonvention sign up thread...

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Ferrous Wheel, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Ferrous Wheel

Ferrous Wheel

May 16, 2002
    Hi, All:

finushed up some .BMPs showing the simple versions of the logo. For a while I was trying to put all of the elements together, but it made for a confusing jumble of lines and characters. So, the simplest to etch on a bilton are the ones I did.

I'll send them to Pen for posting, if that is okay with him.

Thanks!

Keith Sauers

2. WarrenR

WarrenR

Dec 27, 2003
    I have quite a few 1"-2.5" that'll need thawing...they've been seasoned for 1-2 yrs. I'll bring some with me. Any preferences?

come to think of it, are we going to do any wood splitting?
    If so, we may need a small chopping block or two. :D :D

3. Daniel Koster

Daniel Koster www.kosterknives.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 18, 2001
    1-2.5" diameter, about 4-6 feet long would be great!

4. Daniel Koster

Oct 18, 2001
    Logo #1

5. hollowdweller

hollowdweller

Sep 22, 2003
    That Rocks!:cool:

6. Ferrous Wheel

Ferrous Wheel

May 16, 2002
    I take it you preferred this one over the other one, and it is the easier one to cut. No floating pieces makes for a good stencil (wll there is the 0, but other than that...)

So, anybody on the confirmed khon list have input on the logo? Okay?
    Anyone, Bueller, Bueller...

Keith

7. Daniel Koster

Oct 18, 2001
    logo #2

8. hollowdweller

hollowdweller

Sep 22, 2003
    Both are great.

9. Roadrunner

Roadrunner

Jun 9, 1999
    Both are great but I prefer the second one myself. Excellent work Ferrous.

10. Ferrous Wheel

Ferrous Wheel

May 16, 2002
    Should I tally votes fer them?
    Also the images appear a little bigger than they will be when etched on the biltons.

Keith

11. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    If we're "voting," I vote for # 2, but #1 is certainly nice.

Tom

12. Daniel Koster

Oct 18, 2001
    another vote for #2

13. MacHete

MacHete Hair Cropper & Chipmunk Wrangler

Apr 7, 2000
    Don't know if my vote counts, being an unconfirmed attendee. But I kinda favor #1. Almost looks like kanji. #2 almost looks cyrillic. Both are quite cool though. :)

14. Bri in Chi

Bri in Chi

May 28, 2003
    Very, VERY cool. I prefer #2.
    Brian

15. WarrenR

WarrenR

Dec 27, 2003
    Yeah Baby! Yeah!!!....
    Excellent Job Keith!

Both are very cool but I'd agree that #2 really stands out...
    great job!

16. Nasty

Nasty Chief Cook & Bottle Wash

Nov 11, 2003
    I'm back, and the doc says the bleeding will subside in days...;)

We're all good for the MWKK guys, SHMBO has granted her blessing.

Items:
    1. Firearms okay for show, no shooting though...sorry, but the local PD frowns on it. :(
    2. #2 for the logo vote
    3. I've a small yard with a short driveway...parking on the street. If things don't fit, the nearest State campground is about 15 minutes away, your call on a camper. If the weather turns, the garage is available, sleeps 30 comfortable, keep yer feet (and grubby fingers) off the bikes.

Other than that, anything else I need to reply to? :)

17. BruiseLeee

BruiseLeee

Sep 7, 2001
    Where can I park my UFO? :D

18. Bri in Chi

Bri in Chi

May 28, 2003
    Well... yes..one small thing. Where the hell are you? I understand not wanting to post a address on line. Is there some really Ludlumesque way to give us directions, so no interlopers can sneak in?
    :confused:
    Brian

19. Bri in Chi

Bri in Chi

May 28, 2003
    Bruise,
    I'd park that U*** F****** Oldsmobile in the next block if I were you.:eek:

20. Ferrous Wheel

Ferrous Wheel

May 16, 2002
    like cycles? Hoping to bring my bud Trevor. He's got a Harley Panhead right now. I'm sure if khuk topix are exhausted, there's the bike talk...

so far, look like only I'm big on the 1st one. Unless the rest of the folks like #1, it looks like logo two wins. Voting continues.

Keith