2014 Kershaws??

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Spyker1982, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Spyker1982

Spyker1982

Jan 3, 2014
    What's up with the new Kershaws? All Chinese made? I have to say that I'm disappointed.

2. instructed2

instructed2

Oct 11, 2011
  3. knife2Agunfight

knife2Agunfight

Jan 11, 2012
    Yeah, I really don't like how most of the Emerson designs are Chinese made, and so is that new Matt Diskin folder. I wish they would offer a higher-end version of them.

4. Scurvy092

Scurvy092

Jan 31, 2012
    [​IMG]

5. CrialJLA

CrialJLA

Dec 17, 2008
    So then buy an Emerson?

I'm glad that the Emerson knives are made in China, that means they will be extremely affordable. But I agree with you on the Diskin folder among others. Great designs, many of us wish they were offered in better materials and USA made.

6. annasoH323

annasoH323

Sep 26, 2012
    I'm with you guys on wishing that there were more US Kershaws coming out. In their defense, though, if I understand their setup correctly, ZT and Kershaw USA products use the same factory space. There is a limit to the number of machines they can have and thus products they can pump out. They need to be able to match current demand for existing products while also trying to experiment with the new products. I don't think that they've discontinued enough other knives to be able to take on a whole smattering of new ones. Further, asking for higher end versions of the Chinese products is asking them to start from square one as far as manufacture is concerned. The materials, the machines, the training, is all in China and would have to be redone in order to have a US-made release.

7. northend816

northend816

Aug 25, 2012
    can never make everyone happy

8. BrentD86

BrentD86

Jul 27, 2012
    This started last year. While kershaws are made in china they will be more affordable and KAI is able to focus more U.S. resources on the ZT line, which is why we have been getting so many sweet ZT knives.

9. KnifeyMcStab

KnifeyMcStab

Jan 15, 2014
    I was just saying earlier how disappointed I am about all the china knives. I want sandvic steel not 8crobcd456 crap. Their low end USA made knives were high quality.

10. d0nut

d0nut

Dec 5, 2012
    So why not buy Benchmade? 100% US made if I'm not mistaken...?

11. redfeenix

redfeenix

May 12, 2011
    Gotta love how the newbs here are so disappointed with the line-up...its laughable!

12. Scurvy092

Scurvy092

Jan 31, 2012
    Not even close.

13. d0nut

d0nut

Dec 5, 2012
    I like the part where you pointed out where Im wrong? :confused:

14. Scurvy092

Scurvy092

Jan 31, 2012
    It's common knowledge so why bother. I'm not going to cute your ignorance for you. Google: benchmade red box, Benchmade HK, benchmade harley Davidson

15. Scurvy092

Scurvy092

Jan 31, 2012
    When people stop buying blurs, skylines, leeks, shallots, knockouts etc etc etc then maybe the factory will have enough capacity for more usa models.

Can you imagine how hard it must be to the main supplier of made in the USA knives to big box stores like Walmart and Dick's?

16. EZ Bake

EZ Bake

Mar 5, 2009
    This is why KAI left these forums. It's why we're losing a lot of good members who have valid input and focus on posting facts and not complete mis-information.

Some of us need to read more and type less.

17. crom

crom Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 29, 2007
    Benchmade brand is 100% US made. They are the umbrella company for the Lone Wolf and HK brands that don't have the butterfly logo on the blades. Sure Benchmade produces these lines, but the BM brand is US made. Red box line is disco'd, google it.

18. Insipid Moniker

Insipid Moniker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2011
    If you don't like the China made Kershaws vote with your wallet. Personally, I am fine with 8cr14mov and think it's a bloody revelation to have Emerson, Diskin, Hinderer and Rexford designs available for what will probably be $40 street. Heck, I like the Strobe but I would probably buy one even if I didn't just to encourage KAI to continue working with Mr. Diskin. I would absolutely love to see ZTs take on the Diskin Fire.

19. crom

crom Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 29, 2007
    I for one, am disappointed Kershaw has focused their efforts on the boutique ZT brand and is putting out very few US made knives under the Kershaw regular line but I will make other choices. What does being a newb have to do with expressing displeasure in a company's direction? I guess 2 years membership around here affords one condescension and self righteousness.

20. d0nut

d0nut

Dec 5, 2012
    "cute [sic] your ignorance" :confused:

Why you so grumpy, bud? Do you need a hug or something?

Get over yourself. Sheesh.