2019/2020 winter kith "I am complete"

Discussion in 'Shop Talk - BladeSmith Questions and Answers' started by timos-, Mar 31, 2020.

1. FredyCro

FredyCro

Jan 11, 2019
    Guys, I ran into problems regarding overseas shipping due to Covid (sending from Europe to States). I will try to resolve this ASAP.

DustinY likes this.
  2. kdnolin

kdnolin Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 16, 2017
    I have not shipped yet, my wife has been sick this week ( not covid) and I haven’t been anywhere near the post office during business hours. Hopefully tomorrow!

DustinY likes this.
  3. kmf600

kmf600

Jul 2, 2018
    My local post office was kind of a pain, more than normal, they would only let one person at a time in the whole building. They had the tape every 6 feet, but they would only left me in after the person in front of me walked out. It was a little weird, because they had 3 windows open.

DustinY likes this.
  4. FredyCro

FredyCro

Jan 11, 2019
    Same here, then when it was my turn, I was told that I can ship to USA only with express post (triple the normal price) and only from the main post in town. I will go there tomorrow. DHL, UPS and similiar are quoting like 200 dollars for a package to USA.

DustinY likes this.
  5. kmf600

kmf600

Jul 2, 2018
    Just came in the mail. I love it dude. I'm going to play with it for a little while and then It's going in my safe. The only thing I wish is it had a maker's mark, but seriously, I love it.

Thank you very much. I'll take fantastic care of it.

Travis Talboys, FredyCro and DustinY like this.
  6. timos-

timos- KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 22, 2012
    i got to the post office today. Yah its been a little different. I usually go mid to late morning and no ones really been there. they put lexan up in front of all the registers but otherwise its all the same. Domestic Transit times are perhaps a day behind. I had not thought of the international @FredyCro keep us up to date but otherwise we are at the mercy of the postal services

FredyCro and DustinY like this.
  7. DustinY

DustinY KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 29, 2016
    Mine was delivered, hoping it made it safe ;)

8. Daniel Carraher

Daniel Carraher KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 30, 2018
    got yours tonight. Love it. Will hopefully use it tomorrow for dinner

DustinY likes this.
  9. CallumRD1

CallumRD1

Jan 10, 2020
    Glad to hear that it arrived safely. Enjoy!

DustinY likes this.
  10. Hengelo_77

Hengelo_77 Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 2, 2006
    we want pics :)

DustinY likes this.
  11. Scaniaman

Scaniaman

Jun 15, 2012
    This seems great, I have try and join one at some point. And judging from the pics, step up the game a little :)

DustinY likes this.
  12. Daniel Carraher

Daniel Carraher KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 30, 2018
    [​IMG]

Storm W, Willie71, FOG2 and 7 others like this.
  13. DustinY

DustinY KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 29, 2016
    Just a reminder to everyone - please check your mail. I know mine was delivered but haven’t seen word it’s landed safely. :(:(

kmf600 likes this.
  14. kmf600

kmf600

Jul 2, 2018
    I just check the tracking number the post office gave me, completely shocked, it's going to be late. I have more problems with my post office. I'm sorry I cheated out, I should have just paid the UPS.

DustinY likes this.
  15. FredyCro

FredyCro

Jan 11, 2019
    I have no good news. Since all the overseas packages are currently being held up by customs I was advised against sending anything out ATM. I wrote @timos to see if we can find a solution. Awesome knives all around!

DustinY likes this.
  16. TILLER

TILLER KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2011
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I received this knife from Daniel W yesterday. I really like the overall package. A very useful belt knife. The handle material, the pins, the blue liner, all very nice, adds to the aesthetics. I really like the sheath as well. I don’t have much experience with leather sheaths, this one seems to work very well. It has a good amount of retention and looks really well finished.

Thanks for the great knife!

I was going to send a pm with some other thoughts on the knife, but looks like I can’t pm you. Hit me up at [email protected] if you’d like.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  17. Gene Kimmi

Gene Kimmi KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 8, 2017
    Just tracked mine and it's running late. It was supposed to be delivered yesterday, hopefully it makes it tomorrow.

Travis Talboys, kmf600 and DustinY like this.
  18. CallumRD1

CallumRD1

Jan 10, 2020
    I received Dustin's knife safe and sound. I'll post some photos and thoughts this weekend. But first impressions are that it's a beautiful knife!

Travis Talboys, FredyCro and DustinY like this.
  19. DustinY

Dec 29, 2016
    I can rest easy, I’m excited to receive your expert feedback. :)

kmf600, Travis Talboys and FredyCro like this.
  20. Richard338

Richard338 Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2005
    The wood and those pins look great!

DustinY likes this.