1. Washington action alert - Spring blade knife ban repeal thread. Hearing is Tues, Vote is Friday, let your voice be heard!

Attention 2019 Forum knife question thread.

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by knarfeng, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    I checked the website also. I'm sure that I opted for the label and I don't see anything indicating that I did. I expect I'll have a label.

Onearmbladenut and Pogonasong like this.
  2. Onearmbladenut

Onearmbladenut Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 19, 2018
    I do not remember anything about a different label. I looked at my order and nothing is mentioned. As long as I receive a wonderful knife , I will be thankful. (12/6/2019) I think saw something about a second label. I guess I forgot about it. If I spotted it at the time , I am sure that I ordered it. GEC should of added it and a badge to every tube without asking. My head hit an oak tree in 1989. "I aint right , I'm all left !" "Badges , We don't need no stinking badges !"

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    t.willy likes this.
  3. meako

meako Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2006
    The tube has 2 labels. The front label is included on all tubes.
    The back label which for some mysterious reason was made optional was penned by me...perhaps not everyone wants it...I dunno...all I can say is if you miss out let me know and Im sure i can send the words...not the label just the words....there will be pics tho Im sure.
    Cheers

4. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Yep, it should not have been made optional. Very strange....

5. Elgatodeacero

Elgatodeacero Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 5, 2014
    I will probably tear the back label off the tube and stick it to the fridge, then toss the knife and tube in the recycler.

t.willy, Travman, Epicurian and 12 others like this.
  6. Augie

Augie Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Looks like they have hit assembly, pic from what's happening.

IMG_0796.jpg

7. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Isn't the knife more important than any tube or label? That's what you use and carry isn't it?:rolleyes:

biomed and meako like this.
  8. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb

Jun 9, 2010
    The Forum knife is about more than just the knife.;)

9. Matt_WY

Matt_WY Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 30, 2018
    If I remember correctly, when placing your order you had to opt out of the back label. If you didn't make that additional effort you will have the meako verbiage.....which I understand is easily curable with a round of penicillin.

10. meako

meako Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2006
    He's gone gangrenous .We'll need to amputate...give him more rum and fetch my saw...more rum blast ye!

Cue Hallelujah Chorus music.

Dr-Mabuse, Epicurian, Matt_WY and 8 others like this.
  11. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    I need more rum.
    59FA8CC0-53BE-4662-866D-FE71B7FDE96E.jpeg

12. Jsega51

Jsega51 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    woodysone, GotSteel, Wharn and 4 others like this.
  13. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    it does kinda look like that. I put those in the potatoes.

14. Burnt Stag

Burnt Stag Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2016
    I am thinking no more rum is needed. You have the desired effect...….everything is sideways.:thumbsup::eek:

Jsega51, hornetguy, meako and 4 others like this.
  15. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    I thought it was me!

meako and Misplaced Hillbilly like this.
  16. biomed

biomed Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2015
    I muxs have checked the box to opt out of the back label thinking it had to be checked to get the back label. In the product area of the order mine says "no back label". The orders have been finalized, so I am not going to worry about it. The folks that made the 2019 forum knife possible have more important things in their lives to take care of. Thanks to all for your hard work! I did not intend to start a panic about the back label.

17. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    When the knives go out, perhaps someone who has a label will be kind enough to post a printable scan for those who chose poorly. ;)

18. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    I thought I would send mine to Meako, so that he could autograph it for me, if I could catch him sober enough....:cool:
    If I missed that tiny window of opportunity, there is no telling what might be returned.... best not take the chance. :D

19. Burnt Stag

Burnt Stag Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2016
    Progress...….[​IMG]

20. mrknife

mrknife Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2010
    its not too late, end caps!!!!