1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

2019 Reveal Volume One Live!

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by tazkristi, Jan 11, 2019.

1. tazkristi

tazkristi Spyderco Moderator Moderator

Apr 20, 2005
    We're proud to announce that the 2019 Reveal Volume One is now live! You can view the PDF and request a hardcopy if it here, https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/. You can also see the individual products here, https://www.spyderco.com/reveal.

We are holding the mailing for the 2019 Product Guide (hardcopy) to include the first Reveal. If you have already requested a 2019 Product Guide you will automatically receive the Reveal: Volume One with it. We anticipate that hardcopies will start going out by the end of the month.

Enjoy!

Attached Files:

2. kniferbro

kniferbro Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Sweeeeet!

3. MaxFisher

MaxFisher

Feb 5, 2005
    What is the approximate timeline for release once the reveal has been posted?

4. kniferbro

Jan 22, 2011
    Page 2

5. John_0917

John_0917 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Where is pricing info?

6. MaxFisher

MaxFisher

Feb 5, 2005
    I was aware of this, I just wanted some clarity on what “closely correspond” means. Are these first quarter releases or will it be sooner than that?

7. Night Rider

Night Rider Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 16, 2018
    So many choices I think my heads gonna Explode :eek:

8. kniferbro

Jan 22, 2011
    "When it's right"

9. Wharn

Wharn Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Nice!

10. ric75

ric75

Jun 2, 2017
    :)

11. `br4dz-

`br4dz- Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2016
    Yes yes yesssss. Para 3 lightweight is a must. Hopefully comes in different flavors/exclusives eventually, but as long as this is sub-$100 it's got running for knife of the year in my book.

MaxFisher likes this.
  12. tazkristi

Apr 20, 2005
    I posted this elsewhere so it might be a repeat of information for some of you. I thought it would be helpful here too.

ETA... everyone wants to know, right? With our new process, our intent is that everything in this Reveal will be available within the next 90-120 days. This is not the only Reveal that you'll see this year. Our goal and expectation is that everything in this Reveal will ship before we launch the next Reveal.

This is a big change for us (and for you). We absolutely are aware of that. We know this year will be one of transition and we're willing to say that there might be a bump or two along the way (transitions usually come with a few inherent challenges) but we're really excited to be able to offer our new Reveal program and to have you along with us for the journey.

Kristi

AF and lieferung like this.
  13. tazkristi

Apr 20, 2005
    Pricing is posted with the Reveal. Once you click the link above look for the hamburger menu at the top (center). Click that and select "Files." You'll be able to download a PDF file of the price guide that corresponds with the Reveal.

Alternatively, you can also find pricing here, https://www.spyderco.com/reveal.

Kristi

John_0917 likes this.
  14. lieferung

lieferung Basic Member Basic Member

May 24, 2016
    The Ikuchi MSRP is $200... I don't know if there's a percent dealers take off the MSRP but BHQ seems to take anywhere from $70-$100 off. I could see paying $130 for this great model!

15. MaxFisher

MaxFisher

Feb 5, 2005
    Agreed! Already got my pre-order in on this one.

16. JimMD

JimMD Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 6, 2017
    If I ever were going to get a Para 3, this looks like it. I like a lot about it, but I presume it's still pretty thick behind the edge. I'd love it if they would select a thinner blade stock for this lightweight version.

The Ikuchi looks really nice for the price. If I didn't already have the similar Boos Smoke, I'd be looking forward to it even more. It'll be nice to see what it's like whenever it's finally (in 3-4 months?) released. I wonder if the Ikuchi will be available before the Smock.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  17. DShiflet

DShiflet

Jan 25, 2013
    Knifecenter has it pre-order priced at $130, exactly like you guessed heh. I'm kinda interested in it too, and that price isn't bad at all. Para 3 Lightweight is $91, for those who are interested in that model, though personally I'm content with the Delica at that range, so barring a sprint run that catches my eye it's a pass for me. In truth, the Endura Wharncliffe is actually the biggest draw for me, same price as the other base Endura models. The V-Toku Meercat is listed at $94.25, and for completeness sake, the new Efficient versions are unsurprisingly priced the same as the existing black bladed models.

lieferung likes this.
  18. madcap_magician

madcap_magician Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 27, 2005
    I think the Para 3 LW would be a stiffer competitor against the Benchmade Bugout in S30V myself, but it's still tempting.

The Able Reel Natives are beautiful. Really incredible.

19. P2P

P2P Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 24, 2010
    That LW para 3 looks awesome!

20. cbrstar

cbrstar Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 7, 2015
    I'm pretty interested in the Ikuchi but good luck getting one over the Canadian boarder :confused: I would love to see a vid on how it opens etc though.