2020 GEC #33 Conductor Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by waverave, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Ultiman

Ultiman Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 29, 2019
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  2. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    That's a nice looking knife... unfortunately, my knife did NOT arrive today.... it's been 5 days since it "shipped". USPS tracking said it should be here today.
    Sucks. Guess it will be Monday, or whenever my postal guy decides to wander by with it...

Quiet, TheFactor and Pgg365247 like this.
  3. AdamFuzzyballs

AdamFuzzyballs

Mar 16, 2015
    I'm in the same boat as you. I talked to the post lady yesterday who said the delays ARE to be expected, though she didn't know what was exactly causing them. She said to expect a week delay all around.

Quiet likes this.
  4. RBB2

RBB2 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 20, 2020
    And here I'm leaning the opposite direction! I find the main blade of the 62 to be strangely small for the size of the knife. This one seems much more proportional.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    Will Power, Pjake and TheFactor like this.
  5. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
    I’ll keep enjoying mine for you until yours arrives :D
    All kidding a side I’ve been there and it sucks when there’s a delay in the shipping process.
    But here’s a hold you over :p
    [​IMG]

6. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Well photographed, as always, John! :thumbsup:

Looking good, Ron! :thumbsup: I’m with you on the size, it seems smaller than I would normally prefer — not the length, so much, but the slimness of it — but the knife actually feels really nice in hand, and the clip point is a good size. Charlie (@waynorth) recently mentioned in the Barlow thread that Bill likes to “fully blade” the knives he makes, and that’s certainly the case here!

7. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks for the compliment Barrett. I really like a single spring two blade pen knife configuration. My favorite is the #53 TK Cuban. This is my first #33 and I was impressed. I fully agree with Charlie. I can’t think of any GEC knives that I’ve handled that could be considered even remotely “under bladed”. :) :thumbsup:

Quiet and btb01 like this.
  8. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Same here, I've been waiting on a knife for over a week being shipped from the state next door. Usually would get it in two days :mad:

9. ivonrei

ivonrei Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2018
    Mine arrived yesterday and overall I'm really happy with it. The only dislike is a visible gap between liner and spring. Other than that, love it. Excellent blade-to-handle ratio, lovely snap

10. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    That would upset me too.
    Me, I'd send it back for the gaps, that's not typical GEC quality.
    But chances of getting another are probably pretty slim, so it's a tough call.

11. ivonrei

ivonrei Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2018
    I've seen some others state the same issue, but I was equally shocked for GEC's highly regarded quality. I'm going to keep it, not the end of the world for me

untytled and JohnDF like this.
  12. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Great pictures Ron !!!! :):):):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: That is a nice looking little knife . Everyone that I have seen , I have liked whether they were the Lighter colored or the Darker colored ones and your's appears to have both shades . Can hardly wait for the Stags .

Harry

btb01, Will Power and staxnet like this.
  13. sf fanatic

sf fanatic Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 4, 2017
    I agree that is not acceptable, could you please post pics. Would it be reasonable to send it back to the mother ship to be repaired?

14. BDubbs

BDubbs Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2020
    Someone else had a similar issue, but resolved it with an oil flush and working the blade back and forth. Not sure if that helps or not...

15. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    He was talking about a gap in the liners, that's not really effected by flushing the joints. :D

ivonrei likes this.
  16. BDubbs

BDubbs Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2020
    Sorry to hijack but I sense a learning opportunity here. Couldn’t a gap between liner and spring be due to some crud being caught between them?

ivonrei and JohnDF like this.
  17. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Hmmm... You bring up a good point, I suppose that is possible.
    But typically a gap is caused by liners that aren't very flat when installation occurs.
    I flush all of my knives and I've never had it cure a gap before... although I wish it would on some of my Case knives.
    Of course if I'm wrong about this, someone will be along shortly to correct me. :D

ivonrei and BDubbs like this.
  18. untytled

untytled Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 21, 2014
    GEC 33 conductor and the Case half whittler

IMG_20200816_160918_copy_876x657.jpg
    IMG_20200816_160941_copy_876x657.jpg
    IMG_20200816_161051_copy_876x657.jpg
    IMG_20200816_161140_copy_1008x756.jpg
    IMG_20200816_161224_copy_876x1168.jpg
    IMG_20200816_161314_copy_876x1168.jpg

19. HEMI 49

HEMI 49 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 9, 2018
    TheFactor and untytled like this.
  20. 4thpoint

4thpoint

Sep 28, 2015
    If Case would stop being so chincy with their main blades, their knives would look so much better.

TheFactor, untytled and JohnDF like this.