2020 GEC #62 Easy Pocket Congress and Pocket Carver Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by waverave, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Jolipapa

Jolipapa Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Were...:D:rolleyes:

EngrSorenson likes this.
  2. Onearmbladenut

Onearmbladenut Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2018
    Blade Forums supporter ---"Collector Knives has a small batch of GEC#62 red/black micarta F&F pocket carvers, right now !"

Peregrin likes this.
  3. Jiki

Jiki Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 12, 2018
    [​IMG]

TheFactor, Scott J., Don W and 15 others like this.
  4. TrainedBullets

TrainedBullets Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2017
    Hey everyone, thanks for all of the informative posts and jaw dropping pictures!

You completely convinced me to pull the trigger on my first GEC - a sweet cocobolo pocket carver. I’m really glad I did.

It came Saturday. What a beautiful knife. I absolutely love it. Fit and finish exceeded my expectations in all respects, save maybe sharpness, which was easily resolved with a few minutes on the strop.

I like it enough that I ordered a second (Stag 62 Easy Congress This time) a few minutes ago.

I’ll post pictures of both in a couple of weeks when I should have a bit more time.

Now, I just need to get some time, wood, and fresh band-aids.:)

5. hopsbreath

hopsbreath

Apr 3, 2012
    I’m trying reeeaaal hard not to buy a red/black F&F! Already have the white bone and cocobollo; I don’t NEED another... go buy them out before I have a moment of weakness please.

6. Wharn

Wharn Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2011
    You don’t NEED it, but you are doing your part to support GEC :)

That’s what I’m telling myself with all the next purchases I have lined up haha.

A.S., seas165 and EngrSorenson like this.
  7. hopsbreath

hopsbreath

Apr 3, 2012
    Get behind me, Satan! Even has that red/black scheme, bolsterless looks fantastic on this pattern. Don’t know I can hold out if they’re still available later tonight.

EngrSorenson and Wharn like this.
  8. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    You just gotta be strong... like me.. I can resist anything but temptation....:oops:

9. Don W

Don W Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Onearmbladenut and EngrSorenson like this.
  10. EngrSorenson

EngrSorenson Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jul 3, 2019
    Welcome to the brotherhood! I cherish my GECs as beautiful and useful tools.

TrainedBullets likes this.
  11. Why.Not

Why.Not

Apr 11, 2017
    Hey guys GP has the F&F Red & Black Linen Micarta right now if anyone is looking. I was worried that I wouldn't get one because of the lock-down but hurray!!

A.S. likes this.
  12. hornetguy

Feb 11, 2015
    I got my orange carver ordered a little bit ago.. looking forward to getting this one in hand..:D

13. hopsbreath

hopsbreath

Apr 3, 2012
    B&R ordered because I’m a weak man

14. EngrSorenson

EngrSorenson Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jul 3, 2019
    You won’t be disappointed. Truly a unique knife in many ways. I’m not sure how many shadow pattern whittlers there are out there, but I’m sure there aren’t many, and I’d bet none of them have three wharnecliffe blades.

15. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    I had to give one a try.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. metaxasm

metaxasm Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 14, 2002
    No orange pics? Have one on the way!

17. hornetguy

Feb 11, 2015
    I predict you will enjoy that one.... that has some really nice bone on it.. lots of character. My white one is the one I've been using since I had to "park" my red/black one. They are really nice to carve with..

EngrSorenson and Travman like this.
  18. .577NE

.577NE Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2019
    Ditto; I am a sucker for orange.

metaxasm and EngrSorenson like this.
  19. P.R.

P.R.

Mar 25, 2019
  20. hornetguy

Feb 11, 2015
    I saw that cover, and thought to myself... those edges look a lot "sharper" than the red/black. I wonder if it's just the lighting? I'm not sure I'd like sharp edges on a knife handle... especially one used for carving. Of course, they can be changed, if necessary.... we call it a "field modification". I'm waiting for my notification of its arrival, which will be the last of my reserved 62's.

Notice, I did NOT say that would be the last of my 62's.... just the "reserved" ones. :D

Why.Not and EngrSorenson like this.