2020 GEC #62 Easy Pocket Congress and Pocket Carver Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by waverave, Nov 20, 2019.

1. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
    The blue one is one of my favs it’s a Blue camel bone.

Scott J. likes this.
  2. Scott J.

Scott J. Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 8, 2019
    It's done so nicely, the way it fades out.
    Nice shades of blue.

TheFactor likes this.
  3. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    You know what I'd like to see? Well a Forum Knife 20 in that Shadow Honey Micarta, with a shield and in the single-spring 2 blade version :cool: They've got the production set, it would be something different and unique and it would rule :D

metaxasm and Jiki like this.
  4. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    I can't contribute with the whittling part as I don't own one, moreover don't have the competence or decent eyesight anymore for that but the knives look purposeful :thumbsup:

What I can say is that this Easy Pocket Congress fulfils the criteria I have for a useful pocket-knife: semi-sunk joints, not heavy, single-spring two blades, solid W&T, looks elegant, top finish all round. The Camel Bone has started to lighten which is often the case so it's becoming a nicotine type old bone or ivory which I greatly like. :cool:

[​IMG]

5. PointyThings

PointyThings Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2004
    Did anyone get the Farm & Field in both Natural Linen and Muslin? Just curious which one is more contoured.

6. Jiki

Jiki Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 12, 2018
    [​IMG]

7. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    I've got the muslin, and it was pretty "square" at the edges. The pics I've seen of the natural look much more rounded.... much like the red/black micarta.
    I've rounded the edges on mine a bit, and may go a little farther, but it feels much better with the little I've done.

8. Ranchy

Ranchy

Jun 5, 2019
    [​IMG]
    My 62 collection thus far. Most are 2020 with the natural linen farm and field on its way. I added 5 earlier ones for fun.

Hibou Canne, pjsjr, Matt_WY and 15 others like this.
  9. overtech

overtech

Jan 5, 2012
    I have both the natural linen and the red and black. the Red and Black is much more rounded then the linen. I suspect GEC rounded the back and red to show off the strata rather then usability. The red and back is much nicer to use and my linen has been relegated to backup duty.

Action Photo
    IMG_5689A.JPG

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    TheFactor, JohnDF, Travman and 5 others like this.
  10. hornetguy

Feb 11, 2015
    Those are pretty nice! That wood looks like aspen... now I'm going to have to goober "how to make a shaving brush"... :)

EngrSorenson likes this.
  11. hornetguy

Feb 11, 2015
    That's outstanding! I haven't had much luck finding the earlier 62's.... at least at a price I can justify. :eek:

EngrSorenson likes this.
  12. Jiki

Jiki Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 12, 2018
    Tuned up and ready for the pocket.
    [​IMG]

13. Ranchy

Ranchy

Jun 5, 2019
    They are fun to hunt for sure. I agree about the pricing on some.

14. overtech

overtech

Jan 5, 2012
    its slightly more exotic (sort of). Lilac which is really hard and checks like crazy.. If you want some you are going to have to get it from your own yard.

EngrSorenson and hornetguy like this.
  15. BuckShack

BuckShack Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2015
    I'll give carving a go, but you don't get this good overnight. I won't mind using this knife for other things, maybe for removing splinters. I'll tell you this, any spider would be jealous of these two fangs working together. That would be a nasty bite. :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. P.R.

P.R.

Mar 25, 2019
    [​IMG]

17. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    That natural linen is beautiful!
    I’m proud of myself also that I didn’t fall prey to impulse. I originally really wanted to buy doubles of everyone I have :D
    Although I’m still fighting not a buying a muslin and maroon Micarta to complete my family of 62’s lol.

Jiki likes this.
  18. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Now that’s one impressive 62 collection!

Scott J. and Onearmbladenut like this.
  19. metaxasm

metaxasm Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 14, 2002
    [​IMG]
    Not a great pic but I like this one.

mbkr, JohnDF, Scott J. and 3 others like this.
  20. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    My beloved Cocobolo out of the safe. My dealer really picked a nice one for me and it was much appreciated. Unfortunately he’s not a BF dealer so I can’t give him full props that he so much deserved. Thank you again every time it’s in my hand I admire its beauty and appreciate your time to hand pick this one for me :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mbkr, Don W, Fox79 and 7 others like this.