2020 GEC #62 Easy Pocket Congress and Pocket Carver Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by waverave, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Scott Deibler

Scott Deibler Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Since y'all didn't snatch all these up, I just couldn't hold out any longer. I grabbed a Cocobolo PC.
    [​IMG]

TheFactor, Quiet, willard0341 and 9 others like this.
  2. mbkr

mbkr Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    I did my part ;)
    PocketCarver-1.JPG

3. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    very cool idea for a cigarette... good job!

EngrSorenson and rpdur like this.
  4. wardcleaver

wardcleaver Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 17, 2017
    Since you whittled it with a Pocket Carver...would that make it a "pocket trout"?:eek:

I really like my PC in bone. The feel in the hand when using the main incredibly comfortable. As of this morning, I'm in the process of getting my hands on a nice one in Natural Linen Micarta.

Quiet and EngrSorenson like this.
  5. rpdur

rpdur Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 1, 2014
    Thank you!

EngrSorenson likes this.
  6. rpdur

rpdur Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 1, 2014
    Ha! ...the micarta has rather squared, unrefined edges so I doubt it is as comfortable in hand as your bone PC, but it is a great carver.

wardcleaver likes this.
  7. wardcleaver

wardcleaver Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 17, 2017
    I appreciate the heads up...thats something to consider.

8. hornetguy

Feb 11, 2015
    My natural linen is pretty well rounded. Almost as nicely as the red/black micarta. The muslin micarta had really square edges. I rounded mine off with some fine sandpaper, and it's way better now.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    wardcleaver likes this.
  9. EngrSorenson

EngrSorenson Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 3, 2019
    I really appreciate how you don’t mind making modifications to your GECs. They do a good job, but there’s a couple instances when I don’t buy something because I’d have to modify it to suit me, and I just don’t have the heart.

hornetguy likes this.
  10. hornetguy

Feb 11, 2015
    Thanks.... I'm sure there are some of them I wouldn't touch, but mostly, if it's a user knife (and most of mine are intended to be) I don't mind tweaking it some. I DO, however, tend to go slowly, just to avoid the .... "OOOPS!" moment... and I've been amazed at the difference just a subtle tweak makes, at times.
    and if I really mess one up, we have several "fixers" on here....:D

dantzk8 and EngrSorenson like this.
  11. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
    [​IMG][​IMG]

12. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, BIGDORK, skyhorse and 7 others like this.
  13. thepapercut

thepapercut Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2017
    Really thinking about finally pulling the trigger on the Farm & Field natural linen before the run out everywhere...

I will say the Cocobolo is looking great here!

TheFactor likes this.
  14. thepapercut

thepapercut Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2017
    annnnnnd purchased.

staxnet, JohnDF, EngrSorenson and 3 others like this.
  15. EngrSorenson

Jul 3, 2019
    The honey color is remarkable and I’d be torn between the black/red I already have and the natural. I can’t bring myself to get more than 2 of the same knife, because I know there’s a good chance I’ll never wear out the first and use the second. I suspect my son might inherit a mint #93 ramsfoot cocobolo and #62 PC.

thepapercut likes this.
  16. dantzk8

dantzk8

Nov 1, 2005
    [​IMG]

That's what i thought me too. But if... Such a great knife ,not only as a whittler, which will probably not be produced again in a long time. Well, i ordered a third one. Not reasonable, i know, i know.

Dan.

BDubbs, Will Power, Kiteman72 and 4 others like this.
  17. EngrSorenson

Jul 3, 2019
    If you can afford it? I’d say buy up everyone you could. I love GEC and if money wasn’t an object I’d collect my favorite patterns like @hornetguy did with the #62.

I’m sure you’ll be very happy to own that 3rd one. Cheers!

dantzk8 and Kiteman72 like this.
  18. dantzk8

dantzk8

Nov 1, 2005
    I can't afford all the knives i like. Far from. It happened twice i buy a duplicate and it's the fist time i buy a third. All are by the way Farm & Fields. I will use intensively the 62, compulsive whittler, and i like it so much i will use it for many other tasks. I'm covered now.

Dan.

EngrSorenson, Will Power and JohnDF like this.
  19. Nebrasketball

Nebrasketball Gold Member Gold Member

May 5, 2019
    04126231-B1F7-48EF-AA5F-4DCDA21D4968.jpeg
    Finally done with the 62 pattern, I think. (Unless a nice blue camel finds it way in my house!)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  20. hornetguy

Feb 11, 2015
    As promised (a long time ago)... here is the most recent pic of my 62 family. The only duplicate I have is the cocobolo carver.
    All the carvers are at the bottom, then all the easy pocket 2020 62's, then the two older versions, in horn, and tomato acrylic at the top.. I will hopefully add some more of the older versions as I find them (and can afford them :rolleyes: ) but aside from that, I think I'm done. :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

peanutsxx, Quiet, BIGDORK and 9 others like this.