2020 GEC #62 Easy Pocket Congress and Pocket Carver Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by waverave, Nov 20, 2019.

1. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    They DO look pretty amazing.... here's the black micarta and unicorn side by side...

[​IMG]

2. Mass1632

Mass1632 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2019

Nice picture, that black does look nice. I saw the error of my post and thought people might take it that way. I wasnt meaning the 62 pattern. I meant the unicorn design. Still new to traditional knife lingo

hornetguy likes this.
  3. hornetguy

Feb 11, 2015
    OH! .... got it. Yes, that would be pretty nice, if it could be done. Micarta does have a pattern to it, but it's difficult to see because it's so dark. Maybe if someone made a black micarta with white linen fiber? That would be interesting, if it showed up. I don't think I've ever seen a black acrylic... maybe someone has.. Lots of black delrin, but there's no fiber in it at all.

Mass1632 likes this.
  4. MrB Thumper

MrB Thumper

Oct 10, 2020
    Hi there very late to the 62 pocket carver party. I have all of them except the white bone pc. So my question is where would be the best place to pick one up I know it will be used but I am not worried

5. BDubbs

BDubbs Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2020
    Post in the wtb section and watch the for sale sections as well. You can also check the secondary market on eBay, that’s probably my last resort as the prices will usually be the highest there. There are also groups on the various social media sites. I’d also get a paid membership so you have pm privileges. Which 62 were you trying to find?

6. hornetguy

Feb 11, 2015
    You should go to GEC's website, and click on the tab at the top of the page "where to buy"... there's a list of quite a few dealers, with links to their websites. Go through an check all of them... one of them might still have one in stock, you never know....

Elgatodeacero likes this.
  7. MrB Thumper

MrB Thumper

Oct 10, 2020

I have done that and no luck I bought a cocobolo and black and red micarta direct from GEC but the ones they have left they need for the shop to sell to customers when they come in

8. MrB Thumper

MrB Thumper

Oct 10, 2020
    I am looking for the white bone 62 pc

9. hornetguy

Feb 11, 2015
    Please re-read my post. Don't try to buy from GEC, go to one of their recommended distributors..... found by clicking on the tab at the top of GEC's home page, labeled "Where To Buy"....

Quiet likes this.