2020 GEC #62 Easy Pocket Congress and Pocket Carver Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by waverave, Nov 20, 2019.

1. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Here is the three-blade, opened!!:) Older 62s 3 open.jpg

2. EngrSorenson

EngrSorenson

Jul 3, 2019
    That sure is gorgeous. What unique combination of blades for that pattern. I think you’re right about the bellied nature of the pattern restricting some blade geometries. This has been a point I’ve been ruminating on and making some drawings of here and there at work during exceptionally long and impertinent meetings.

Onearmbladenut and waynorth like this.
  3. JB in LV

JB in LV Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2016
    well stated; if my meetings weren’t Friday at lunch, and didn’t involve beer, I’d borrow that one. I am amongst the most anti-meeting people out there. I am however, pro-(easy pocket) congress.

EA51653A-8F80-4992-8486-D347BC4CA1E7.jpeg

4. BIGDORK

BIGDORK Gold Member Gold Member

May 27, 2018
    stags flew right off the shelves, the quick and the dead..

5. Stumpy72

Stumpy72 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 5, 2018
    Got my stags! I was cruising vendor sites, stumbled on the stags (in glorious individual front, back and top view photos) and had my order placed before the announcement email went out. I have to applaud the individual photos because they enable me to buy the knives with the individual stag covers that I wanted. I now have a couple (at least IMO) beautiful stag 62’s on their way to me.

Yee hah!

6. Matt_WY

Matt_WY Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 30, 2018
    Looked like some nice stag, a person still has to choose relatively quick. I was able to grab this one. 3D3C3E12-38AC-4BB0-8DC5-8F8A30397CFC.jpeg

7. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    That feature does ease the fear of what you might get when you order.

SDknifeguy and waynorth like this.
  8. Augie

Augie Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Snagged a pretty nice one,

gec-62-stag-a-28__79686.1582643733.jpg gec-62-stag-b-28__14987.1582643733.jpg

9. yablanowitz

yablanowitz

Apr 14, 2006
    Yep. In fact, they called it the Maverick Stockman. I still don't know whether that straight-edged blade should be called a wharnfoot or a sheepscliffe.

10. Headwinds

Headwinds Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 15, 2016
    I was just wondering the same thing myself!:rolleyes:

waynorth likes this.
  11. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    It is sort of "in-between"! I'd call it a sheepfoot with the corner round off somewhat!;)

Onearmbladenut likes this.
  12. CallMeDave

CallMeDave Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 16, 2013
    I scored #26:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Onearmbladenut

Onearmbladenut Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jul 19, 2018
    I just spotted three Sambar Stag #62s ! Keep searching they are out there. "ALL GONE !" The fat sambar stag scales don't look right at all on the Congress model. I'll have to pass on this one. Phat stag holds easier between my knees/thighs for easier opening.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    waynorth likes this.
  14. boykinlp

boykinlp

May 14, 2018
    Fresh from the mailbox! I held out on this model to only get a stag. It was a luck of the draw situation, butI really like the one I got. Nice thin matching stag on both sides, spring sits flat when closed, at half stop, and when open, nice firm pull to open, blades not rubbing, and very sharp. I am extremely pleased all around on this #62 model. Good luck to everyone else getting one.
    Larry

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

15. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Nice one there! That was really fast, how did you manage that?

SDknifeguy, waynorth and boykinlp like this.
  16. EngrSorenson

EngrSorenson

Jul 3, 2019
    my vote is squarely in the wharnecliffe camp. Sheepsfoot (feet) to me have a distinctive hard angle that runs uninterrupted to the point. Anything that soft and rounded just screams “wharnecliffe”.

17. rpstrimple

rpstrimple Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Didn’t realize the stag had dropped. Are they gone for good now or are any other dealers getting them this week? Was hoping to snag one, but work kept me busy today.

18. Onearmbladenut

Onearmbladenut Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jul 19, 2018
    They just got started on the first batch. Keep your eye out and keep trying. GEC will be pumping them out to dealers at least another week.

19. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    That is EXACTLY how I would like my stag to look, if I was to try to get one. That is really nice.... just enough "rough" to be stag, but smooth enough to "work" on this slim knife. Beautifully done.

boykinlp and Onearmbladenut like this.
  20. boykinlp

boykinlp

May 14, 2018
    I am lucky enough to live very close to my dealer and he mails them Priority Mail.
    Larry

pjsjr likes this.