2020 GEC #62 Easy Pocket Congress and Pocket Carver Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by waverave, Nov 20, 2019.

1. EngrSorenson

EngrSorenson

Jul 3, 2019
    I’m like an addict, scratching my neck and updating dealer websites. “Gotta get my fix...”

COME ON WHITTLERS!!!

2. SDknifeguy

SDknifeguy Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 19, 2020
    I got my Stag in today... I was really happy with it till I just saw that pic with the knife of the year...! dang but mine has the stoutest pull of all the 62s Ive got so far. ITS tight!

EngrSorenson likes this.
  3. Jiki

Jiki Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 12, 2018
  4. Rifle seeker

Rifle seeker

Jan 23, 2020
    My local dealer just dropped the 62 Stag’s on his website, clicked checkout immediately! I going to pick it up tomorrow. And since it was stag Saturday I ordered a Eurika jack in stag on DLT this morning ! I have to get home before my wife next week!

5. sf fanatic

sf fanatic Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 4, 2017
    Got my stag from TKC today and it’s beautiful. Waiting for another stag from CK and will have to decide which one to keep. In the meantime here’s an updated family pic. :) F2CF34DF-F33A-4EA4-9E41-6DF45F2CD206.jpeg

6. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Don't be mean.... some of us can multi-task!

It IS true, though....:oops:

Onearmbladenut and EngrSorenson like this.
  7. Kiro

Kiro Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2017
    I told myself I wouldn't worry about a stag 62. Maybe only if I find one I am especially drawn to, and get lucky with the timing. Well, now I have one on the way. Looks like it will be great!

Aryan29, JustinR, Jathes and 2 others like this.
  8. sf fanatic

sf fanatic Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 4, 2017
    You won’t be disappointed.

Kiro likes this.
  9. Boxer .45

Boxer .45 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Your camel bone has a lot of translucence in the light too. Mine is honey translucent in the light, and almost butterscotch when not in direct light.

TheFactor likes this.
  10. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Yes it’s beauty changes depending the lighting. What a great pattern and beautiful knife that I’m very happy with.

11. Boxer .45

Boxer .45 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2015
    MEEE TOOO!

TheFactor likes this.
  12. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Stag on the way so soon my 62 collection will be complete :thumbsup:
    I just had to have one these Stag 62 easy pockets there such a nice pattern!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
    Will Power likes this.
  13. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
  14. spyderg

spyderg

Sep 28, 2014
    I really hadn’t planned on a 62, but every now and again I peek anyway. So I saw an amazing goldenrod camel on a site that had them posted with individual pics of each knife, (not sure if they’re a paid dealer so I won’t say where) and fell in love with one so it’s on it’s way. Cant wait!

15. Jiki

Jun 12, 2018
    Paying for my smooth bone carver now!

EngrSorenson likes this.
  16. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Paying through the nose for my pair of 62s DI and Camel Bone:( Not only the obvious extra shipping expense for Intl. But you have to pay import tax on the shipping costs too!! So it's 25% VAT/Import Tax on the whole invoice extra plus the Post Office now levies its own 'handling' fee of 3 € for each item that is charged duty as well. The knives arrived in the country 17th and 24th Feb, I might be able to get them on Monday but if not Weds (no deliveries/notifications on Tues or Friday now) have to queue up in a crowded food shop to collect them as no more Post Offices here and only in Helsinki and the largest cities. digital progress :poop: Making this hobby very time consuming and getting costly:rolleyes:

Still, it's a great pattern, just my thing and really looking forward to both:cool: Decided against getting one from Britain as the expense is getting a bit too much, it looks a nice Black Micarta and Bomb shield, anybody have one yet??

Crazy Canuck likes this.
  17. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    :D But she doesn't look hulking & obese enough to be a proper 23;) not my cup of tea, I'll stick with the lithe 62 :cool:

18. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Really tasteful fleet:thumbsup: Nice array of shields/scales-which is what this pattern is all about:cool:

Aryan29 likes this.
  19. EngrSorenson

EngrSorenson

Jul 3, 2019
    Where where where?!?
    I’ve been checking everywhere.

Neko2 likes this.
  20. Jiki

Jun 12, 2018
    Unfortunately I cannot discuss, I have been formally warned. Evidently I am the one they choose to make an example of. Suffice it to say it was an early reserve.

Aryan29, willard0341 and EngrSorenson like this.