2021 kershaws....

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by jbmonkey, Jan 11, 2021.

1. stevejams

stevejams Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 27, 2018
    Disappointing that Kershaw is trying so hard with these flashy knives coming from China rather than just make some classic workers from the states. The concept of the strata seems cool but then they added the flash factor with that copper colored inlay.

jeepin and Lee D like this.
  2. Dadpool

Dadpool Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    Agreed. There are lots of Kershaw designs I'd like to try out if they came in 14C28N or D2.

3. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Gold Member

Oct 11, 2013
    A couple of those Kershaws actually look neat, which is far more than I could say for that embarrassment of a ZT teaser video.

I might actually purchase one or two of these cheapies just to have around, which will be a break from my usual, considering I don't like Chinese knives, or 3/8cr. I guess we'll see.

4. Larry Turko

Larry Turko

Oct 4, 2007
    I'm stunned that Kershaw is offering a folder with a 5.5 blade! I think I'm definitely going to have to buy the large Strata. Looks like Kershaw is taking a step into Cold Steel territory.

DocJD likes this.
  5. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    Hope Kershaw puts a good secure lock on the XL Strata . Frame lock with no safety might be sketchy compared the Tri-ad .

Still , I'm encouraged to see Kershaw interest in the XL sized folders .

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  6. soc_monki

soc_monki Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 5, 2019
    I kind of like the Highball 2. It's actually rather understated compared to many of the others. Might check one out.

7. jeepin

jeepin Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2003
    Kershaw and ZT need to fire their designers and bring on some new ones.

insta9ves, jbmonkey and Lee D like this.
  8. JD Bear

JD Bear Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 4, 2015
    Fugly....all of it

9. Mitchell Knives

Mitchell Knives Knifemaker Moderator

May 21, 2000
    The Strata XL looks interesting.

DocJD likes this.
  10. Velitrius

Velitrius Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2000
    I'm firmly in this camp... I might buy a couple of them for the gadget factor. But I was hoping for some USA made stuff.

I like the saw. I am willing to give that a go.

But the Nacho? Come on. A bottle opener?? Sorry, but the Leatherman Brewzer has that thing beat six ways from Sunday.

Lee D and Quiet like this.
  11. Frotier76

Frotier76

Dec 14, 2013
    The 5500 model (11:40) looks like it's heavily influenced by Maxace Knives. The Lanius and Glede come to mind within 10 seconds.