1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

26c3 chef knife, curly maple and micarta-SOLD

Discussion in 'For Sale: Kitchen Knives' started by Tony Mont, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Tony Mont

Tony Mont KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 15, 2018
    Hello everybody!
    The last of my current trio is done!

Steel: 26c3
    Handle: Black micarta bolster, red g10 spacer,curly maple and carbon fiber pin.

Dimensions:
    Overall lenght: 33 cm - 12.99''
    Blade lenght: 18 cm - 7.08''
    Blade widght: 4.5 cm - 1.77''
    Blade thickness: 3 mm - 0.118''
    Handle lenght: 13.5 cm - 5.31''

The blade is differentially heat treated. Handrubbed and etched lightly to keep the hamon white. The choil and the spine are rounded. The hamon is running a bit lower than I wanted, I've tested the blade by flexing a pretty much zero and hacking a wooden dowel, there was not deflection or edge damage. The hamon appears better on the last picture.

Price: SOLD
    Free international shipping with priority mail and a tracking number.
    Via PayPal.

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG

Thanks for looking!
    Tony.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020 at 3:16 PM
  2. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    It really looks like you have the harmon figured out. Is this going to be your signature style?

3. Tony Mont

Tony Mont KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 15, 2018
    Due to the amount of time necessary to polish a hamon, I plan on making two categories on my kitchen knives.
    If there is enough activity, I will polish them and be around the same price range of these three. If the hamon is not worth it, I will do just a satin finish to keep a low price.

woodysone likes this.
  4. VictorMackayukR

VictorMackayukR

Nov 18, 2020
    Such an universal knifes trio, I could use a set of those three in my kitchen