3 Layer Poll

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by SteeleJ1976, May 6, 2020.

Favorite 3 Layer SAK

Poll closed May 25, 2020.
  1. Camper

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Climber

8 vote(s)
    22.9%
  3. CyberTool S (29)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Hiker

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  5. Spartan Lite

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Super Tinker

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  7. Traveller

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  8. Electrician Plus

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  9. Farmer

7 vote(s)
    20.0%
  10. Pioneer X

9 vote(s)
    25.7%
  1. SteeleJ1976

SteeleJ1976

Jan 24, 2020
    I was inspired by AllenC polls. Pick your Favorite One

Grateful likes this.
  2. yablanowitz

yablanowitz

Apr 14, 2006
    I voted Camper, but this is my real favorite 3 layer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. allenC

allenC

Jun 18, 2000
    Climber for me.

Grateful likes this.
  4. Fixall

Fixall Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2018
    I voted for the Pioneer X... But only because you are missing the best 3 layer SAK of all, the Yeoman.

[​IMG]

5. Enkrig

Enkrig

Dec 17, 2015
    I'm not familiar with that one. What's the name please?

allenC likes this.
  6. comis

comis Gold Member Gold Member

May 17, 2013
    I purposely voted Traveler, because the electronics on that is dope(basically an upgraded Climber).

My favorite too is Yeoman, but unfortunately it's been discontinued(and why SAK modding is still relevant)

Storm 8593 and allenC like this.
  7. jackknife

jackknife Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Oct 2, 2004
    I went with the pioneer X just because you there isn't a cadet X. Like Bogy said, "Its the stuff dreams are made of."

The hell with some statue of. black bird, a Cadet X would as perfect a pocket knife as I could hope for in this life.

Lee D likes this.
  8. yablanowitz

yablanowitz

Apr 14, 2006
    I call it the Cybertist. You aren't familiar with it because I built it myself using parts from three donors.

Pomsbz, allenC and Enkrig like this.
  9. guy g

guy g Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 22, 2000
    Supertinker , it has scissors.

SteeleJ1976, Grateful and allenC like this.
  10. Pomsbz

Pomsbz

Jul 31, 2015
    I've voted Camper. I love my Farmer but the Camper simply provides additional functionality and value if not quite the same aesthetic appeal. It is right considered the quintessential outdoor SAK for the every man. Between the Spartan (urban) and the Camper (outdoors) I'm not going to ever find myself empty handed.

jmh33 and Sawl Goodman like this.
  11. Lee D

Lee D Basic Member Basic Member

May 27, 2013
    Years ago I would’ve voted the farmer, but I now carry a Laplander in my pack. Considering the only time I carried a farmer was when camping/hiking, I’ve switched to the Pioneer X. No need for two saws IMO.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
    allenC, jackknife and Pomsbz like this.
  12. Pomsbz

Pomsbz

Jul 31, 2015
    It might be cool to have the Victorinox can opener and bottle opener only in a tool. Next to each other to save length. Could easily fit on a keychain, it would only be 1.75" long. Perfect for when you want to carry another knife or like @Lee D above, you're out in the woods with some heavier tools.

Storm 8593 and Lee D like this.
  13. Sawl Goodman

Sawl Goodman

Jun 4, 2018
    Camper for me. It’s the thickest 91mm I carry in my pocket. It's more comfortable in my hand than the Spartan and includes a useful tool in the wood saw. Perfect for trail walks and general outdoors activities. Solid and nylon scales give it a feeling of solidity.

I’ve toyed with getting a Hiker just for the extra comfort of the back Phillips over the corkscrew, although I find the latter to be the more useful tool.

The Farmer is thinner and more robust than the Camper but heavier and doesn’t have the small blade or scale tools.

I’ve never got on with the Climber. I have perfectly capable 58mm scissors on my keyring, and I much prefer the beauty and elegance of the modern Wenger Traveller in its guise of the Evowood 14 that lives on my desk at home.

SteeleJ1976 and guy g like this.
  14. SteeleJ1976

SteeleJ1976

Jan 24, 2020
    Yeah I thought about including the Yeoman, because I agree it is the Ultimate SAK to me as well, but I only included current production models. I love that ferro rod you have, where did you get it?

Fixall likes this.
  15. Fixall

Fixall Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2018
    It really is a shame that they discontinued it. The ferro rod is called the Firefly and is made by Tortoise Gear. :)

16. jmh33

jmh33 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 16, 2003
    I choose a Hiker..:p Just scored one and its a Tinker with a saw..:D And I LIKE Tinkers!!;)
    John

315 likes this.
  17. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    I too picked the Hiker, but here’s the catch, I don’t have one:confused: I have a couple of farmers and I really like them, but for versatility having the toothpick and tweezers kind of win it for me. I can replace the toothpick with one of the little firesteels for an emergency and now I’m set gpfor a great all around SAK:thumbsup: I just need to get one....

Storm 8593 and jmh33 like this.
  18. Troutzill

Troutzill Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2009
    I choose Pioneer-X, love it

97113BAE-B7AD-4FC2-805E-55A39E97C4B8.jpeg B653D6CC-7733-472D-8428-12F60174A00A.jpeg

315, Lee D, jmh33 and 1 other person like this.
  19. Lee D

Lee D Basic Member Basic Member

May 27, 2013
  20. SteeleJ1976

SteeleJ1976

Jan 24, 2020
    Well the results are in and the Pioneer X is the winner. I thought the Climber might take it but it didn't. I was surprised by the Camper, a lot of people like that SAK. I do wonder if the Pioneer X will be as popular now with the Farmer X out? Time will tell, thanks to everyone who voted.