#35 Beer and Sausage Bar Tool Knife

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Matt_WY, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Jiki

Jiki Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 12, 2018
    Well Randy Bell GECs design engineer is in our Facebook group. He collects the first run patterns that he helps design. On Sundays he posts one of his collection and tells us how it came to be. He most certainly will be getting one of these so when he shares the story I will let you know.

2. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    They are working on my ebony B&S knife.
    4B94D51F-1E1E-423F-996D-24165B8FFEA1.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    t.willy, tmd_87, Matt_WY and 5 others like this.
  3. Pomsbz

Pomsbz

Jul 31, 2015
    Are the 'BS' initials for the knife simply a happy coincidence? :p

t.willy, Will Power, ArchVV and 2 others like this.
  4. jsdistin

jsdistin KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 27, 2016
    I would hope it’s a happy call back to the BSK as a happy f/u to the BSA.

t.willy, Ramrodmb and Quiet like this.
  5. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    If I was actually good looking, I wouldn't need to be handy. ;)

willard0341 likes this.
  6. Colt_Chad

Colt_Chad Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 16, 2020
    I'm very happy that I have an ebony on reserve, but the dark jigged bone is already looking amazing!

7. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    I mean, the Beer Scout had “BS” etched on the blade.

[​IMG]

8. Camillus

Camillus Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2015
    huh? I thought this thread was about not liking it. Are there two threads?;)

Will Power and sitflyer like this.
  9. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    It's B&S!

btb01 likes this.
  10. Onearmbladenut

Onearmbladenut Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2018
    Remember the SFO GEC#86 Chocolate Almond peach-seed bone Oil field jack knives. Those scales look exactly the same on the assembly line, before buffing. After buffing those scales will show their true color. (yellow-orangey-red with brown jigging) should be the final color.

11. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Jeez these are looking good. I can't wait to see what the jigged bone looks like. I think the ebony will be the bell of the ball though.

Onearmbladenut likes this.
  12. Onearmbladenut

Onearmbladenut Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2018
    I was right on the money with a Gunstock Jacks Email on the Beer & Sausage #35 Natural Canvas Micarta B&S knife. I click on the knife and I clicked on a OKCA member hat. I already have one , I wanted another OKCA hat. PayPal went through for both, but I aint getting the knife. I emailed Mr. Barry. I got charged for both. I told Mr. Barry I will buy the hat with my next purchase. Mr. Barry is cool and he will straighten it out. I signed out of Pay Pal when I noticed the knife was not available. Pay-pal still charged me for both. I am not mad , I think it is funny. I just knew I had it ! Baw-ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Mr. Barry will make it right. (edit update) While sending a second email to Mr. Barry , I checked my checking account. Pay-Pal returned my money , so I thanked Mr. Barry! Man that was fast. Gunstock Jacks Knives was my first GEC purchase 2018 GEC#44 knives. Mr. Barry is a solid guy ! It was an impulse buy and I missed it . Baw-ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! It was fun , I am happy. You can't win them all.

13. DavidV81

DavidV81

Feb 12, 2019
    I’m usually more into stag and bone, but that micarta came out great. I too was a minute too late on Barry’s site :(

tmd_87 and Onearmbladenut like this.
  14. RBB2

RBB2

Jan 20, 2020
    I keep saying I don't want one of these, but gosh darn it I love me some ebony. I may still try to get one just to see if it tickles my fancy once it's in hand. I'm super curious to see how the bone comes out after polishing, too. The jigging on the ones shown in the WIP photos is sure interesting.

Onearmbladenut and tmd_87 like this.
  15. Morrow7x

Morrow7x

Feb 10, 2019
    I haven't been paying much attention to GEC since the whole 'rona thing. Typically it's more of a winter slowdown time when I tend to get overly excited about new releases, and until a couple weeks ago we've been busy as hell at the shop. Well. Got the Gunstock Jack's email this morning, and while I was too late for that by a few minutes I at least got a kick out of the new 35. I'm kinda thinking the little comb might be handy hiking/camping when the dogs pick up the tiny black burrs that grow near rocky rabbit hidey-holes in southern Colorado... Of course I could just be rationalizing...:rolleyes: :D

Onearmbladenut and tmd_87 like this.
  16. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Man lots of love and hate with this one. I love the ebony and jigged but the natural micarta just screams to be used, and get beer and sausage grease all over it! It will look good with some use!

Matt_WY, Quiet, mcc850 and 3 others like this.
  17. Camillus

Jun 3, 2015
    I am really pleased these look so good. I hope they fetch really high prices. Record breaking prices in fact. They are bound to be super rare and will be hard fought over (rubs hands).

Will Power, mcc850 and NewBlades16 like this.
  18. NewBlades16

NewBlades16 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Do I sense sarcasm or are you just lying through your teeth. Ha ha ha ha!!

19. Camillus

Jun 3, 2015
    Well, well maybe a little ;) Its gotta end somewhere though right? Or does it? I won’t be buying one but I will be interested to see how these go on the secondary market.

20. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    I have no idea where to look for this data, so, does anyone "in the know" have any indication of how many of each "flavor" will be made?

Onearmbladenut likes this.