#35 Beer and Sausage Bar Tool Knife

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Matt_WY, Jul 31, 2020.

1. akaMatt

akaMatt Gold Member Gold Member

May 10, 2017
    My initial reaction to the drawing when it first appeared was I thought it was a joke. I then quickly wrote it off when I learned it was real. However, I stumbled blindly into a drop at one of the dealers right when it hit last week, and picked up one of the micarta. I hadn't intended to get one, but when anything drops lately it's react immediately or forget about it. So I panicked and got one.

I've already passed it along to another member in a trade, but I took a quick look before I sent it along. It is a sweet looking knife. The micarta with the shield looks fantastic, and I don't even like shields usually. I didn't touch or open it, so can't comment on the action. I also have no beard and keep what hair I have left trimmed almost to nothing... so no use for a comb. But I've changed my mind about this knife after seeing one in person, seeing all the pics on here, and thinking about some of it's useful qualities, especially with that nice spear. It's too bad they didn't make more of these so more people could get them who really want one.

tmd_87 and Sacto like this.
  2. Onearmbladenut

Onearmbladenut Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2018
    (edited) Moved to "Wine & Cheese !".

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  3. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2010
    I don't think Bill Howard is the one smoking crack.:)

4. Onearmbladenut

Jul 19, 2018
    I am drug and alcohol free. I had a traumatic brain injury in 1989 . I had to have right dead arm removed. " I aint right , I'm all left !" Baw-ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! I am in 24/7 severe chronic phantom pain for the rest of my life. I have tried almost everything. I spend my extra money on tradition folders and fixed blade knives. There is no bigger high than to help a collector find that new GEC knife before it sells out. There is no better high than to give a CASE XX , Queen , S&M ,GEC, or a Boker knife to the deserving. Children that make straight AAAs and local War Vet friends that are my favorite to bless. Drugs , cigarettes , and booze is for suckers. I love that new CASE XX Kick-start Trapper or a GEC knife in my left hand. Collecting knives keeps me happy and helps me keep my mind off the pain. I love to cut fool on the knife different forums and watch the blade bullies dog pile on my comments. I am having fun ! The world has always hated me from birth , but Jesus loves me just the way I am ! (edit) Everything is cool ! I love all the blade folks. I never mad or offended on the knife forums. We all have different taste and views. We are here to learn and find better knives ! When I flip out , I always ask for forgiveness . Life is too short to stay mad forever ! I got stressed out buying GEC knives two years ago. After I reached 85+ GEC knives , I have chilled out . I have learned how to buy knives at the release date price. The best GEC knives are coming in the future. Don't chase the past knives on Evil-bay. We gotta keep Great Eastern cutlery running strong. I got GEC#35s in the mail. This #74 run is boss with the best choices.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  5. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2010
    I hope the smiley face in my post conveyed that I was just messing with you. You are one of the most enthusiastic knife enthusiasts that I've ever seen on any forum and I find that inspiring.

6. rpstrimple

rpstrimple Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I caved in on that one, and will eventually have one on the way.

In other news, my ebony 35s are currently en route and touring the midwest before arriving it seems. My pocket knives are often more traveled than I am! I am interested to compare the thickness of the BS to the MG.

staxnet, tmd_87 and Onearmbladenut like this.
  7. 3-1-1

3-1-1 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 2, 2012
    This is one I could only purchase new. Not even a lightly used beard comb or sausage fork, thank you very much.

8. Jiki

Jiki Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 12, 2018
    Here is the MG (right) vs a Churchill (left). From our FB group. Not my pic.
    [​IMG]

tmd_87, AZCoyote, Quiet and 4 others like this.
  9. mbkr

mbkr Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    I'll bet it feels like more in hand.

Onearmbladenut likes this.
  10. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    I hate to break it to you, but anytime you buy a used knife, it could have been used to cut sausage or things much worse. :D

11. Onearmbladenut

Jul 19, 2018
    Thank You ! I like joking around. And when I am wrong about a knife , I want to be corrected. We all learn so much on this web-sight. I really appreciate knowledgeable Knife folks. Especially Mr. Charlie , He is a treasure of blade knowledge. We are so fortunate to have him here.

Jody744 and Railsplitter like this.
  12. GE Jr

GE Jr Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Yeah, ~ .020 - a tad more than 3/16" - is noticeable in length, let alone thickness.
    Edit:
    Should be: ~ .020 - a tad more than 3/160" - should be hardly noticeable. :confused::D

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    Onearmbladenut likes this.
  13. akaMatt

akaMatt Gold Member Gold Member

May 10, 2017
    3/16" more in width would be a lot! :eek:

1/50" isn't quite as much! But it is possibly noticeable in hand.

GE Jr and Onearmbladenut like this.
  14. ea42

ea42 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2006
    I think that calculation's a bit off, I believe the difference is a bit less that 1/32".

Eric

GE Jr, Jody744 and hornetguy like this.
  15. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    I think it would be about 1/3 of 1/16 of an inch.... :D How's my math?

GE Jr likes this.
  16. Jiki

Jiki Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 12, 2018
    don't know which thread to post this in so.

[​IMG]

17. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    You can post that beauty anywhere you want. :cool::thumbsup:

18. Angry Angus

Angry Angus

Apr 9, 2019
    That's the reason I searched this thread. Mine is exactly the same. Was wondering if it was an issue for anyone else. Now I'm wondering if the others I have coming are the same.

19. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Man, this Ebony B&S is ultra nice!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Show-off..... :)

That does look nice....very dressy looking... as expected with cocobolo.... I mean, ebony....:D

Quiet and Murphjd25 like this.