#35 Beer and Sausage Bar Tool Knife

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Matt_WY, Jul 31, 2020.

1. SnackPack

SnackPack Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2019
    Darn, I guess I’m just 0/2 then. Mine were so loose it was bonkers. I could almost see the blade moving side to side when I would just tip the knife on its side there was so much play.

2. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    That definitely sounds like a good candidate for warranty repair.

3. Matt_WY

Matt_WY Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 30, 2018
    I have received a micarta and ebony B&S, along with two Maher and Grosh 35s and think these are really fantastic knives. My wife went so far as to say the B&S are the best shes seen :D Which beats her normal reaction to a new knife. I think overall fit and finish has been quite good on the 35s I have received, except for the ebony arrived with a pretty proud tip that is easy to catch your finger on. I know this is a relatively easy fix, but really shouldn’t have left the factory this way. 0E031A72-1C09-4321-94C7-104B82EC467B.jpeg

4. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    This is not a locker room. There are ladies who read and post in Traditional.
    If you need to make comments of that nature, I recommend Whine and Cheese.

Deinos, willc, Quiet and 11 others like this.
  5. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    It’s been a few years, but if I remember correctly, the blade on my 2016 #35 BladeForums Harness Jack had a proud tip, too. I agree that it should’ve been caught at the factory, but as long as it’s not a knife that’s at risk of blade rap, I don’t mind having to file the kick a bit. (I did have one GEC-made knife, a Smith & Sons Mudbug, that had both blade rap and a proud tip. :confused:) GEC does has a tendency, for whatever reason, to leave the tips of blades close to proud rather than burying them down deeper in the blade well.

Matt_WY likes this.
  6. Trout Hunter

Trout Hunter Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 16, 2020
    Really liking this M&G 35 so far. Wish it was a little darker, but still like the way the bone looks. Really nice build on these.

Now I just need to track down a 2016 BF Drover #35 to go with it.
    00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200916140625508_COVER.jpg

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  7. Onearmbladenut

Onearmbladenut

Jul 19, 2018
    I hated the GEC#97 Allegheny run. I protested and I bought twelve of them. I had to teach Bill Howard a lesson !

8. Camillus

Camillus Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Pics or it didn’t happen

sitflyer likes this.
  9. bbk357

bbk357 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2018
    I see the jig bone beer and sausage already listed on eBay. I didn’t realize they are shipping out already.

Onearmbladenut and sitflyer like this.
  10. Onearmbladenut

Onearmbladenut

Jul 19, 2018
    That dude is in Florida , he sold one crazy priced and now he has posted another one.

11. Onearmbladenut

Onearmbladenut

Jul 19, 2018
    New Micro soft Edge changed my computer , again. I can't figure out to save pictures or post them. I can post old saved photos on other knife forums , but not more complexed Blade Forums. Mr. Charlie told me to check out some web-sight. All I get is some update your driver garbage shoved down my throat. Paid Two Faced-book hackers attack my computer after 10minutes signed in. My screen splits , moving the arrow left is right and right is left. PC Matic saves the day every time. You-tube , I have no problem and I can send a knife video to my FB page. After that I clean my computer again. My computer is old and I will never buy another. I have almost 200 knives in my collection , with more coming in. When my computer goes out on me . My collection will be complete. I got about 87 GEC now. I am getting tired of the games and let downs of buying GEC knives. CASE XX quality is going down , I keep hearing. When I am done , I'll be good. Evil-bay taxation , I stopped buying S&M knives. It use to be fun buying knives , now it is one big headache.

12. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Gold Member

Oct 11, 2013
    I imagine it's probably a preorder, given that he used the GEC pic.

Edit: Ah no, there is one, with what looks to be an in-hand pic.

Onearmbladenut likes this.
  13. knifeswapper

knifeswapper Knife Peddler Dealer / Materials Provider

Sep 3, 2004
    I see 5 sold bone B&S bone knives on eBay for $269 BIN with factory picture; and one currently listed. They are all from a BF member that is a GEC dealer. He no longer has a dealer membership here. City is excluded from listings for some reason.

Onearmbladenut likes this.
  14. Mass1632

Mass1632 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2019
    Geeze. Those prices. I want one but i dont want one that bad.

Deinos and Onearmbladenut like this.
  15. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    So we have a GEC dealer, keeping knives off their shelves, and flipping them on the secondary market?
    I'd love to know the name, as I'm sure many here would stop supporting that dealer.

Deinos, Onearmbladenut, btb01 and 6 others like this.
  16. Jiki

Jiki Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 12, 2018
    It's Kincaid Brothers, they are an Ebay only dealer.

17. knifeswapper

Sep 3, 2004
    They do sell directly to eBay - which is perfectly fine in either instance. But they generally bump the knife to cover fees, etc. plus maybe a bit more margin. But not the auctions I referenced. - * I retract this paragraph as I see both sellers are more than doubling the retail price *

A dealer can sell knives however they want. I run auctions from time to time with past runs in which there were some "S" models that showed up later or a couple SFO knives had to go back thru and didn't get back to me until way later. Sometimes I also get late personal preference returns or even buy collections if customers change directions (or simply give up the hobby). Always start at $1, no reserve.

The factory has a "minimum" price policy; but no "maximum" price policy - so everything is fair game. I will refrain from offering my opinion (again) on the matter; as these are peers and I wish them all the luck in accomplishing their objectives.

Eventually the secondary market will draw more and more folks to take advantage of the market price. And, to be blunt, when you go thru what dealers go thru trying to allocate them fairly just so a subset can instantly put them on eBay - it is disheartening. Problem is that this is at least partly to blame for the stigma we are all currently feeling about the "lolly scramble". Personally I would rather the factory just list a maximum selling price for dealers. It probably wouldn't fix the flipper problem; but it would fix some of the perceptions.

To answer the question: I think GEC started shipping the bone Friday (at least that was when me shipment left); so it would surprise me if anyone not local to the Titusville area had one in hand yet. But stranger things have happened.

18. Elgatodeacero

Elgatodeacero Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Almost all GEC dealers are a credit to the brand, and improve the image of GEC and its products.

A few dealers seem to have strange ideas and business methods, which is their right, but I think GEC is making a mistake by enabling dealers that sell new inventory on eBay at substantially greater than MSRP (e.g. retail price plus much more than eBay fees).

These eBay dealers have no following, no loyalty to or from their customers, and add nothing to our community (in contrast to @knifeswapper and many other GEC dealers).

Prester John and Scott J. like this.
  19. knifeswapper

Sep 3, 2004
    GEC has enough on its plate. I can understand why they do not need to police the dealer pricing. But, again, I feel like it does give GEC and her dealers a bit of a black eye when you set a minimum price - but no maximum.

20. mcc850

mcc850 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 24, 2020
    Got my ebony b&s thursday and immediately went on vacation with it as main user. Its been fun! I cant figure out how to post a picture