1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

#35 Beer and Sausage Bar Tool Knife

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Matt_WY, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Jathes

Jathes Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2016
    The Churchill is my favorite GEC pattern. The 35 is a great frame. I have a beard about half the year. This... I don’t know...

2. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    You comb the beard AFTER eating the sausage. Then your dog can clean your beard.

3. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Olives for your martini.

meako, Jolipapa and Spaten like this.
  4. gaj999

gaj999 Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 25, 2004
    That’s good. I was afraid that it might offend dog lovers. Better check to see whether Rough Rider has trademarked the name ... seems right up their alley.

meako, waynorth and sitflyer like this.
  5. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Dont forget the toothpick!

meako, Jolipapa, waynorth and 2 others like this.
  6. Sacto

Sacto Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 27, 2017
    I think part of what makes it appeal to me is the novelty factor on such a nice knife and knowing that the company making it has a sense of humor and doesn’t take them selves too seriously.

7. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Exactly... Who says knives can't be fun?

8. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Trying to keep things light, LT!!
    How do you eat snails without a fork??:rolleyes::eek:o_O

9. Agent Orange Peel

Agent Orange Peel Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 27, 2018
    This knife is ridiculous, and I am definitely going to grab a couple of them. These are going to be fun.

I could do without the comb, but I am sure I will find a use for it. Maybe for getting sauerkraut out of the jar.

tmd_87 and waynorth like this.
  10. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Use can use the comb to scrape spaghetti squash and the fork to eat the Italian sausage meatballs after you cut them with the blade.

11. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    Interestingly, when I heard that GEC was going to produce a #35, and I knew Bill didn't want to do a 4-blade, I suggested a single spring, with a Clip blade, and a caplifter-screwdriver opposite! A compact knife I thought to reference as a picnic type knife, or???:rolleyes: This was before I saw the Chindog!!:eek: Sadly, no luck!!:mad:
    BTW I am suggesting the name as Chin- (referring to growth on your chin; or beard) -Dog as also Hairy and needing combing!!:)

Jonny D, Pomsbz, tmd_87 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Leslie Tomville

Leslie Tomville Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    I was just joking around Charlie @waynorth. It’s been a long time since my ancestors ate critters in the swamp! I prefer my escargot in fancy plates with lots of butter served on a table covered with white linen, and I guess a Chindog would come in handy! Okay, I am convinced. I will buy at least two Chindogs. But, seriously, I do wish you would have been the designer on this run! Your proposal would have given the Beer Scout a run for the money.

Jolipapa and waynorth like this.
  13. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Ill use it for none of the aforementioned things and like it.

Haha.

Or all of the aforementioned things... and like it a little less

meako likes this.
  14. DrHenley

DrHenley

May 31, 2019
    Silly and ridiculous. ME WANT!!!!

It would be hilarious next time my wife complains about crumbs in my beard to whip this out in front of her and use it, ROFL

Railsplitter, sitflyer and meako like this.
  15. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    I'm enjoying this, but I am glad I am not the designer of the three blade "Chindog!!":D

16. GaiusJulius

GaiusJulius

Jan 9, 2016
    If it turns out the comb blade is a hoax, seems like a sizeable number of people will be upset, so now they almost have to make it with one.

Jody744, tmd_87 and Jolipapa like this.
  17. Jolipapa

Jolipapa Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 4, 2015
    sitflyer and waynorth like this.
  18. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    Ha Ha Ha!!!Great site! I now truly understand Chindogu!!:)
    And by extension, Chindog!!:D (A knife that dogs your chin!!);)

Jolipapa and Jsega51 like this.
  19. TraditionalMedicinal

TraditionalMedicinal Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 17, 2020
    Jolipapa and waynorth like this.
  20. meako

meako Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2006
    My question is: "Then what?" Lets say youre prized Tibetan Terrier has done its whoopsies on the carpet aways from the tidy bin....how the hell are you going to get it there across the room using this thing without wearing most of it?:confused::oops::D
    Worst case scenario...you own an incontinent Akita .

btb01 and waynorth like this.