1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

4 blems for nine twenty four

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Yangdu, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    L to r

19.5 inch 24 ounce Siruapti by Ram Kumar. While waiting for good home the horn handle developed huge crack. New handle project for $68. *SOLD*

16.5 inch 25 ounce WWII by Purna. The wooden handle chipped during shipment transit between Nepal and Reno. My sister Kanchhi repaired the chipped handle and it is better then new one. Great deals at $90.

15 inch 21 ounce Ang Khola by Tej Kami. Few hairline crack on satisal wood handle. Leather sheath. Great value at $75.

16 inch 28 ounce Chiurwa Ang Khola ny Purna. Half circle hairline crack on satisal wood handle most likely to go nowhere. Strong rig at $90. *SOLD*

[​IMG]

CAK
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

CAK
    [​IMG]

WWII handle repair work

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Email to [email protected] to order any or all
    First come first served

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  2. rmtomlinson

rmtomlinson

Jan 26, 2008
    I’ll take the CAK

3. EricTheRedBeard

EricTheRedBeard Basic Member Basic Member

May 17, 2018
    Make sure to send the email to: [email protected]. They will go like hotcakes at these prices. I hope you get it.

4. rmtomlinson

rmtomlinson

Jan 26, 2008
    Got it sent email and sent payment thru pay pal. My first Khukuri and this is the one I have been wanting to start my collection with.

conan11 likes this.
  5. rmtomlinson

rmtomlinson

Jan 26, 2008
    Wanted the Siruapti also but not sure if I wanted a project.

EricTheRedBeard likes this.
  6. Hawgsnawt

Hawgsnawt

Aug 16, 2015
    were it me... I'd go to the hardware store... buy a flared end hickory maul handle.... cut it to length.... drill it, slather it with epoxy.... then stick that Siruapti blade in it and let it dry.... its a light work knife like a machete not a heavy chopper like a CAK.... that would be sufficient to hold it for bush and hedge work ..............

damn.... did I just....talk myself....into.....

fek me....

EMS 19.5 inch 24 ounce Siruapti by Ram Kumar. While waiting for good home the horn handle developed huge crack. New handle project for $68.

DD, rehandle thread coming soon...

7. XelaXela

XelaXela

Feb 22, 2010
    that. right there. lovely.

Hawgsnawt likes this.
  8. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    You know, that Siru could probably be wrapped and hold up just fine. I found a product I swear by called Fiber Fix. They have it at Lowes and Home Depot. It comes in a plastic bag as a black gummy gauze-like roll. You wet it just a bit and then wrap whatever you want to mend tightly. It sets up ROCK hard and has the grip texture of skateboard tape. I wrap all of my axe handles in it, and I have not busted it yet. Worth a shot:)

9. EricTheRedBeard

EricTheRedBeard Basic Member Basic Member

May 17, 2018
    That is a great choice for a first khuk. I have a feeling you are going to fall in love with it. Welcome to the club. You will be back for more :)

I was pretty tempted by this one. I like projects. That Siru seems like it would be a fun length for that weight. And you can't beat the price. I'd love to see that you end up doing with it.

Sounds like a very useful product. I will have to check out. Thanks for the idea!

Hawgsnawt likes this.
  10. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014
    I'm looking forward to this ......

Hawgsnawt likes this.
  11. Hawgsnawt

Hawgsnawt

Aug 16, 2015
    wheels already turning.... stay tuned, i'll start a dedicated thread to the rehandle job... IF I can manage to pull off what I'm thinking I can pull off....

it will be epic!

12. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014
    I'm going to the hardware store tomorrow.......

Might leave with one of them thar yellow fiberglass axe handles....

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  13. rmtomlinson

rmtomlinson

Jan 26, 2008
    Good luck hope it turns out great, let us know how it turns out.

14. rmtomlinson

rmtomlinson

Jan 26, 2008
    Received CAK today, what a nice blade Auntie must have a critical eye couldn’t hardly find the blem. I see why you can’t own just one now. HL was great prompt shipping can’t be happier only hope I get to use it soon.

ndoghouse and XelaXela like this.
  15. rmtomlinson

rmtomlinson

Jan 26, 2008
    Got a chance to try out this weekend at hunting camp, what a great knife! Also got to try out my new Siruapti I was so lucky to get. I offered to let my buddy use it and he said it to pretty to use. But that what I got it for. Both worked great.