485 Valet Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by TechDoc, Jan 8, 2015.

1. TechDoc

TechDoc

Feb 26, 2014
    Of all the new Benchmade designs just released, this is the one I am most excited about.

All I know currently is that it that the blade will be M390 and the scales are gray G-10. Form the looks of things I am guessing that it will be very similar in size to the 470 Emissary (3" blade). They seem to use the same pocket clip. I liked the size of 470-1 but eventually traded mine because I don't like all aluminum scales.

Anyone else have any more info or opinions of this knife? Let's discuss.

[​IMG]

2. TechDoc

TechDoc

Feb 26, 2014
    Benchmade has confirmed that the blade will in fact be 3". This little knife is going be be nice. I love my 480 Shoki but wish it had a pocket clip.

3. rch02474

rch02474

Nov 5, 2014
    Looks awesome! Any word on price?

4. TechDoc

TechDoc

Feb 26, 2014
    Map $170 / msrp $200

5. billym

billym

Jan 8, 2006
    Looks like Blade HQ will sell them for $170. I never liked the Emissary because of the metals scales and the assist. This is tempting but I said to myself "no new knives this year".
    I really like the looks of the gray G10.

6. moddedxplobby

moddedxplobby

Aug 13, 2014
    looks like a cross between an emissary and the 940...

7. jonearlt

jonearlt Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2013
    Very nice looking. I'll be getting one of these once all the numbers are gone.

8. TechDoc

TechDoc

Feb 26, 2014
    I read that from now on BM will be marking every blade. The initial ones will still bear the "First Production xxx/1000" markings but then they will be marked "Regular Production xxxx".

Just kidding! ;)

I have a few marked FP and it doesn't bother me that much. I'd rather not have it marked.

9. jonearlt

jonearlt Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2013

Lol. I don't have any marked FP, but a couple LE and its not terrible. If they did mark all blades, I suppose I'd get over it.

10. Redmasta

Redmasta

Jul 17, 2013
    Very nice, this and the Loco are going to be mine this year.

Edit: I will also be avoiding the "First Production" markings. I know it's a tool and all but I can't stand that so tacky.

11. holo07

holo07 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2008
    I am really looking forward to trying one of the 485's out

12. jstrange

jstrange

Mar 31, 2012
    Looks like a slick design. A bit small for my taste though.

13. mrnotsam123

mrnotsam123

Aug 4, 2013
    Looks good actually the blade reminds me of the Ares, this might be something I get for a small EDC, BUT....if they made a larger version...I think I'd for sure buy one

14. Blade and Flame

Blade and Flame

Nov 15, 2012
    Perfect EDC size. Nice to see some smaller Benchmade offerings —plenty of larger designs but few smaller blades.

15. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Great EDC and actually priced right. Looks to be narrow, slim, trim and very light!

16. The Dude1

The Dude1

Dec 22, 2013
    I had planned on a mini Grip, but this is nice as is whereas I'd need aftermarket scales for the Grip. I will have one of these. I think I'd like a first production to be honest. I love spear point blades and I like the handle to blade ratio

17. TheGearGuy

TheGearGuy

Dec 8, 2014
    I've been waiting and hoping for a small Benchmade EDC with a slim pocket profile. I really want Benchmade to make a mini 940-1 but this will definitely satisfy me for a while. This also looks like a great candidate for limited edition gold class....please Benchmade...

Can't wait to get mine.

18. CrialJLA

CrialJLA

Dec 17, 2008
    I love this knife.

It sorta blends everything I don't like about my 470 into a better edc knife.

19. danthaman1980

danthaman1980

Mar 23, 2014
    Keeping my eyes out for this one... The specs are impressive and just what I look for in an EDC - I'm just hoping this knife feels as good as it looks, and hoping the execution is good. I might have to handle one of these first...

20. Elite_KG

Elite_KG Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 7, 2012
    I'm on this one for sure. Perfect EDC from the size to the materials. Finally some real competition for my 707 in m390. I will have to wait out the first production versions.
    And finally a new BM release that is 3" with premium steel. Thank you BM.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015