1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

499 Pilots Survival Knife

Discussion in 'Ontario Knife Company' started by David Nowlin, Jul 24, 2019.

1. David Nowlin

David Nowlin Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2018
    At Walmart today doing some shopping and low and behold a knife i been eying for quite some time was on clearance. After i put my eyeballs back in their sockets i got my wallet out and for a mere $20 each i bought the last two.
    upload_2019-7-24_19-33-37.jpeg
    I am very satisfied though my eyes are still sore.
    DN

Attached Files:

2. specgrade

specgrade Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Great price, indeed. Congrats on the cool find. I gotta check my Wally World after work! I own one, but another would be nice.

What's the date on them puppies?

3. David Nowlin

Jan 17, 2018
    I see 3-11?
    upload_2019-7-25_7-40-55.jpeg

4. David Nowlin

Jan 17, 2018
    Is that 2011? Wow i gotta get out and check all my Wally’s too. That’s almost an antique lol
    Oh and i plan on using a little Neets Foot oil on the leather to darken the sheath and grip.

5. David Nowlin

Jan 17, 2018
    Both 3-11
    upload_2019-7-25_7-48-9.jpeg
    $20 and Made in the USA!

Attached Files:

The Zieg likes this.
  6. David Nowlin

Jan 17, 2018
    Neatsfoot oil applied lightly....
    upload_2019-7-25_8-39-12.jpeg

MolokaiRider and The Zieg like this.
  7. David Nowlin

Jan 17, 2018
    I’ll let you know if i find any more at my other Walmarts. Will cost me $5 in gas but i need to get outta tha house once in awhile. Will be good therapy.......:D

Lapedog and The Zieg like this.
  8. David Nowlin

Jan 17, 2018
    Checked my 3 area Walmarts. 2 had one each both at the $38.94 price. So i figured one more would bring the price of each knife to $26. So i’m like WTH and got another one.
    Great gift possibility. Or i can have one in each car and one in my bugout bag? Lol
    Darn forgot i need one in the shower!!

9. Roguer

Roguer

Jan 5, 2015
    I wish mine was a limited production one that didn't have the saw back and sharpened swedge. I live in an "EVIL DAGGER!" state and mine's limited to slaying envelopes and opening cooking packages.

10. David Nowlin

Jan 17, 2018
    Sorry to hear that. I’m guessing its a state I don’t intend on ever visiting. You should move.

11. Grateful

Grateful Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 5, 2002
    Great find. Excellent price. I don’t currently own one but that’s a knife that really brings back some good memories. Awesome camping and woods walking knife. I’ve also cut a lot of fishing bait with one.

12. David Nowlin

Jan 17, 2018
    Ended up buying 6 as i went back to the beachside Walmart and they had put their last two on clearance for $30. Gave two, one each to my two sons. Everyone should have at least one survival knife don’t you think?