1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

5K U-Pick-I-Pay Black Friday Giveaway

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by 5K Qs, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Signalprick

Signalprick Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2009
    I had a SAK ALOX Cadet that I carried everyday for over 2 years that I had to "give" to a security guard when I took my son to a Cub v. Brewers game back in September. Forgot I had it in my pocket. Been meaning to pick up another. Maybe I'll get lucky here and could win one of the more limited versions. Thank you kindly for your generous give a way and congrats on your 5K milestone!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  2. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Thousands went home safe that night because of the diligent work of that guard.

Put “ntsa” in the search bar of the big auction site. I can see not knowing pocket knives are banned at ball games, but flying? In 2017? I’ve often wondered how these vendors get confiscated “weapons” from airport screeners. It must be some kind of bid out contract, because we are talking about thousands and thousands of knives.
    In your case, it’s a safe bet your sak went straight into his pocket.
    Good luck in the contest! It’s fun to see what’s on everyone’s wish list.

3. 007hunter

007hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 21, 2016
    GEC 35 Churchill in Hummingbird acrylic....thanks so much 5K for the great give-away!!!

4. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Thanks for a generous GAW 5K !

I would love a Churchill #35 in Ebony

Congrats on your 5K posts :thumbsup:

5. Signalprick

Signalprick Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Her pocket! ;)
    A day at the ball park with my little guy is worth any pocket knife. Just forgot to leave it in my car so I gladly handed it over. No biggie. Glad to have the opportunity here. :)
    20170924_162545.jpg

6. Henry Beige

Henry Beige Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 1, 2015
    A good reason to carry a peanut. Last time I went to see the Twins at Target field, my peanut didn’t even set off the metal detector.

Will Power and Cutfinger like this.
  7. Spencergarden

Spencergarden

May 28, 2016
    Very generous giveaway 5K, the sentiment is appreciated. What a nice community.

If I won, I'd choose a couple of small knives: first, a GEC #14 in Nifebrite acrylic, a knife I've been eyeing for a while. I'd also get an Opinel #2 (without a keychain attached), to add to my even number collection, of which I already have a 4, 6 and 8.

8. navaja

navaja Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 1, 2005
    Very generous of you, thanks for paying it forward!

I'd love a GEC #81 in Natural Canvas Micarta.

9. SadSappySucker

SadSappySucker

Jul 20, 2014
    Congrats on 5k posts, GT! I look forward to reading 5k more.

I didn’t plan on entering this, but after going back and forth over and over and over again I decided what the heck!
    My choice would be a Moki fish owl.
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for your generosity.

neal70 and Will Power like this.
  10. AlwaysTomboy

AlwaysTomboy Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2016
    Not an entry; just popping in to commend you on an awesome & generous GAW, and to congratulate you on the posting milestone. You are, for sure, an asset to this forum. Looking forward to your next 5k posts. :)

neal70 and Will Power like this.
  11. JaxBaron

JaxBaron Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2016
    Very generous giveaway. I would choose a natural micarta 81 moose. Ever since the Bladeforums TC, Ive come to appreciate micarta. Thanks for the chance and Happy Thanksgiving!

12. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Gary, I want to commend you on both your generosity and your ingenuity! :) I am hesitant lately to enter GAW’s because I have been blessed so many times in the past by luck of the draw. I am setting here watching a football game with two teams competing that I care absolutely nothing about who wins! My wife and daughter are gone Black Friday shopping! That’s right, Black Friday shoppers on Thursday, figure that one out! :eek: So I was looking through the forum and I started reading through your GAW thread and I’ve decided to enter. If I am fortunate enough to be the winner I will choose a soon to be released #78 from Great Eastern Cutlery that will fit in the guide lines of price and availability at the time. And once again my friend I want to thank you for your presence here and all the compliments and contributions you make to the rest of us! Happy Thanksgiving :D

neal70 and Cutfinger like this.
  13. Sunby

Sunby

Jan 19, 2012
    Congrats on 5K!!
    Thanks for the generous offer!!
    I’ll chose GEC #14 in Rusted Red Jigged Bone.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

14. JupiterPaladin

JupiterPaladin Gold Member Gold Member

May 4, 2016
    I'd love to be in on this one.

My ideal choice is actually a custom from our very own @nighthaxan who does such excellent work. I'd love either a Phat Phinger or Patch Knife that he makes with green scales of whatever variety. I hope that being small fixed blades keeps them traditional enough! I see it as a win win by supporting our talent on the forum this way.
    If that doesn't count then a GEC 77 or similar with a long pull and green or stag handle scales.
    Thanks for the gracious GAW and congrats on your time invested on BladeForums!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  15. Kiteman72

Kiteman72 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Congrats on 5000 posts! I have to admit, I am always "stalking" your posts hoping for some more dog content. :)

Your generosity is amazing, if I were to win, I would like the money to go to puppy cookies for your dogs, and maybe some cute Christmas sweaters. ;)

16. littleknife

littleknife

Nov 29, 2000
    Congratulations for the impressive milestone!

Thank you for your generosity!

If I were to be so lucky to win this GAW, I would choose the
    VICTORINOX SWISS ARMY MINICHAMP 2.25” WITH ALOX HANDLES AND STAINLESS STEEL PLAIN EDGE BLADES AND TOOLS MODEL 0.6381.26US2
    I was eyeing this very handy SAK for years, but could not justify the purchase.

I would to pay the postage so the rest of the money could be used towards giving chance to some other member(s) to win their choice(s) too.

Cutfinger and Emspop like this.
  17. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    GT, Thank you, this is a great give-away ....very generous of you my friend, not an entry as I a recipient of kindness from quite a few, Just wanted to pop in and say a massive thank you for being such a Stellar member of Traditionals, and congrats on the 5K!

Jack Black, Emspop and Cutfinger like this.
  18. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Thanks for all of the congratulations, knife suggestions (my ulterior motive is to get cool knife suggestions from Porch denizens ;)), and entries. About 20 minutes left before I close down the GAW and randomly choose a winner. So I'll be back after I make 1 bed for humans and 3 beds for dogs!! Best wishes to all the entrants! :D:thumbsup::D

- GT

19. morvlorv

morvlorv Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2014
    Congrats on the 5000, and this is quite the generous offer.
    If picked i would choose Great Eastern Cutlery: #81 Tidioute - Bull Moose - Natural Canvas Micarta.
    Thanks for the chance

20. Atepac

Atepac

Oct 17, 2017
    Reading all these posts reminds me how many great knives are out there (And the great stories that go with them!)