1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

A little something on the way

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by pmwc78, Jan 9, 2011.

1. pmwc78

pmwc78 Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Just confirmed with Auntie, A "little" something from Sgt Khadka.

[​IMG]

SCAK

2. Duzzy

Duzzy

Sep 1, 2009
    That can't be little. I bought all of his stuff except for a Super CAK a week ago. Unless a new shipment came in or Auntie rediscovered something... Good for you either way.

3. pmwc78

Sep 4, 2010
    Been on order for a few months.

And no, "little" doesn't really apply. According to Auntie it's 20" and (ready for it) 52oz! (heavier than I expected)Hopefully it doesn't feel that heavy, we'll see. Gotta hit the gym.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  4. Duzzy

Duzzy

Sep 1, 2009
    Gotcha. ;)

5. stickfred

stickfred

Nov 6, 2009
    Glad to hear the Sgt. came through for you pmwc78. Congratulations on your imminent new arrival!!

6. pmwc78

Sep 4, 2010
    Thank you Gents, I'm going to be stocking up on plastic bottles and scrap wood for the next few days :D

7. Wolf_1989

Wolf_1989

Mar 30, 2007
    Hmmm... dunno... I have the original SCAK and IMO one of the features which makes it 'super' is the relatively light weight. Mine weighs about 34oz IIRC.

8. pmwc78

Sep 4, 2010
    Wolf I agree, ideally it would be about the same. I'm willing to give this a try and see if it fits me. If not, it may go to another. After months of drooling I wasn't going to pass on the chance to pick one up and give it an opportunity.

9. Duzzy

Duzzy

Sep 1, 2009
    I wonder if that means he made two of them? Interesting, I sharked his Bonecutter and picked up a 16" CAK of his at the same time.

10. pmwc78

Sep 4, 2010
    Funny you should mention that Duzzy. When I placed my order in November, Auntie said she was going to ask the Sgt to make a few 18" and 20" versions. There should be a few more coming along in the near future.

11. cop911

cop911

Feb 27, 1999
    beautiful blade, sounds like the perfect combo for some of the clearing I mean to do this summer.

12. pmwc78

Sep 4, 2010
    In hand this khuk is amazing! While the handle is a bit too large around for me right now, the balance is fantastic. I know, I need to get some pics.

13. Tohatchi NM

Tohatchi NM

Mar 26, 2002
    Heavy or not, the balance is probably spot on.

14. jdk1

jdk1

Apr 21, 2010
    Pics man! Don't tease us:p. You should be able to chop a Ford Fiesta in half with that thing! Take care and God bless.

15. Wolf_1989

Wolf_1989

Mar 30, 2007
    Well at least the balance aspect sounds right.

The person I bought the original SCAK from told me it felt more like a weapon than anything else; "like a small sword" and he was right. The SCAK has a unique attitude of its own and that attitude is its primary intent of use is as a tool for smiting your enemies.

16. pmwc78

Sep 4, 2010
    Schedule has been nuts today, I'll get some pice done Monday.

Wolf, I can say that your's is still unique in it's properties.

This does carry the feel of a weapon, it has a prescision about it that I associate with a weapon. The weight is of a serious chopping tool though. I'll know more about it when I help a buddy clear some overgrowth of Oak at his property Monday.

The handle diameter is my only concern at the moment. Need to decide what to do about that.