1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Attention A very Special HI Raffle!

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Bawanna, May 11, 2017.

1. Seamusgates22

Seamusgates22

Sep 18, 2017
    Wow, I am such a dummy. I didn't see the date on this original thread so when it was at the top of the feed with cul's earlier post I thought the raffle just got announced. Literally just sent Auntie Yangdu a PayPal payment of $50 to buy 2 chances and realized my mistake right after. Maybe since it's my birthday tomorrow Yangdu can find me a good deal that I can apply the money towards, I have been dying for a WWII! Looks like the long hours at work this week scrambled my brain!

2. George Azar

George Azar Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2017
    Happy Birthday Seamus!

3. cul4u01

cul4u01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2012
    We all make mistakes, just let auntie know, I'm sure she can find something for you. BTW...Happy Birthday to you!

4. cul4u01

cul4u01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2012
    Here is some pics. The blade is massive at 40", and incredibly heavy. One swipe with this thing will cleave anything in its path. The karda and chakma are massive, feel like just a regular fixed blade. The inlays are beautiful. I need two hands to even lift it, it's pretty darn heavy, and beautifully deadly. I guess you could probably handle it like a two handed longsword. I'll bring it to class one day, and see how one of the swordmasters there would use it.

Sirupati 2.jpg
    Sirupati Inlays.jpg
    Bamboo Root Handle.jpg
    Massive karda and chakma.jpg

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    philllll likes this.
  5. joeraz

joeraz Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 6, 2016
    That is impressive!

6. Seamusgates22

Seamusgates22

Sep 18, 2017
    That blade is amazing, thanks for putting pictures up.
    Auntie Yangdu took pity on me and gave me a great deal on a WWII that I could apply that $50 towards, just another example of the great customer service at HI! So just to keep track, I have a 12" Chainpuri, a special order 15" Sirupati in the works, a 15" VUK, and a WWII that's gonna be sent soon. When they all get here I'll post some photos.

George Azar likes this.
  7. stwm

stwm

May 6, 2016
    Excitedly awaiting your pics! Sounds like you have an awesome little collection brewing!