1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

AFAustin’s 8th Annual “Going to the Dogs” Sale (Part 4) (Price Drops!)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Traditionals, Slipjoints, "Old Timey"' started by AFAustin, Jun 28, 2020.

1. AFAustin

AFAustin Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 8, 2004
    Welcome to Part 4 of my 8th Annual "Going to the Dogs" Sale.

Part 1, which gives all the background on this benefit sale, is here:
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin’s-8th-annual-“going-to-the-dogs”-sale-dedicated-to-petey-part-1-reductions.1732914/
    (A couple of knives still available)

Part 2 is here:
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin’s-8th-annual-“going-to-the-dogs”-sale-part-2-reductions.1734148/
    (Some knives still available)

I also put up some Spydercos and CRKTs over in the Modern Folders subforum here:
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/spydercos-and-crkt-pilars-benefiting-the-pups-price-drops.1734837/ (All now SOLD)

Part 3 is here:
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin%E2%80%99s-8th-annual-%E2%80%9Cgoing-to-the-dogs%E2%80%9D-sale-part-3-price-drops.1735306/ (A few knives still available)

And I put up a Buck 500 Duke in the Buck subforum here:
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/500-duke-benefiting-the-pups.1736369/ (now SOLD)

Please note that the prices on the remaining knives in Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, and the Buck 500, are all reduced so please take a look at those!

Everything is the same as in Part 1, including that 100% of the proceeds will go to the pups, but I’m offering up a new bunch of knives here in Part 4.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

7/5/20 Update: Part 5 of the sale is now open here:
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin’s-8th-annual-going-to-the-dogs-sale-part-5.1737781/

7/12/20 Update: Part 6 of the sale is now open here:
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin’s-8th-annual-going-to-the-dogs-sale-part-6.1739025/

7/19/20 Update: Part 7 of the sale is now open here:
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin’s-8th-annual-going-to-the-dogs-sale-part-7.1740239/

8/1/20 Update: It's a wrap! This sale is now officially over and the donations have been made. Part 8 has all the details here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin’s-8th-annual-going-to-the-dogs-sale-part-8-donations-made.1742502/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For convenience sake, let me repeat the ground rules:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Details:

Prices include shipping, USPS 1st Class, w/ Delivery Confirmation. PayPal only. I'll cover the PayPal fees, so please list it as a sale of goods, not a gift.

1st unconditional "I'll take it", followed up with prompt payment. I think my PM/Conversations box might fill up pretty quickly, so please e-mail me for payment info. at: aforsythe4 [at] austin [dot] rr [dot] com

Once we have a deal, please post an "I’ll take it" in this sales thread, since that’s required for us both to leave feedback, which I think is important.

By buying these knives you are stating that you are at least 18 years of age, and otherwise in compliance with all applicable laws regarding them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

International Sales Policies:

I like the international character of BF and so I’m usually willing to jump through the extra hoops to do international sales. But as this sale has grown in size and become a good deal more work, I’ve got to place some limits. So, apologies, but it’s U.S.A. only for this sale.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now without further ado, let’s get on to the next batch of knives!

Thanks for helping the pups!

Andrew

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first four knives are part of a very generous donation by a great knife man and friend of the pups in Pennsylvania who has been a dedicated supporter of my efforts with this sale. He’s asked to remain anonymous, but he knows how much I appreciate him.

1) GEC Tidioute #682211 White Owl in Dead Skunk Acrylic. Used and sharpened with considerable blade scratching, especially on the main. 1095 carbon steel blades. Very pocketable size at 3 ½” closed. Would make a great user.

Includes tube & wax paper. $50.00 SOLD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2) GEC Farm & Field #992113LB Farmer Lock Lockback in Black Delrin. Has been used and carried a bit, with some scuffs on the delrin. Edge appears factory but there’s a blade rap (which can be sharpened out) where it hits the spring at the middle pin when closed. 01 tool steel blade. Solid lockup with no play.

Includes tube & wax paper. $50.00 SOLD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3) Case Trapper #10254 SS in Black G-10. Stainless blades with “As Ground” (satin) finish (rather than Case’s usual mirror polish). This is the full size (4 1/8" closed) version. Appears new and unused. The textured G-10 covers with the satin blades are a very nice combination.

Includes box and paperwork. $45.00 $39.00 SOLD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4) Case Trapper #6254 CV in Red Jigged Bone. CV (carbon steel) blades. This is the full size (4 1/8" closed) version. Appears new and unused. Beautiful knife and a Case classic.

Includes box and paperwork. $45.00 $39.00 WITHDRAWN (and relisted in Part 7 with further reduced price!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  2. AFAustin

Jun 8, 2004
    5) Colt CT16 Lockback. AUS-8A stainless blade. Beautiful laminated wood covers with finger groove. A large knife at 4 3/4" closed and 4.2 oz. Smooth action and locks up solid. Nickel silver pins, brass liners, and Colt shield. Jimping on thumb ramp. The blade is coated so as to be non-reflective but I don’t know enough about blade coatings to say what type it is. This is a very handsome knife that feels great in hand. Sharpened to a nice edge and used almost none. Vintage knife made in Japan.

No box. WITHDRAWN

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6) Kai #8804 Lancelot Lockback. 440 stainless steel. Handsome hardwood covers with black liners. A very sturdy knife at 4" closed and 4.3 oz. Solid lockup. Jimping on thumb ramp. A few very minor scuffs but overall excellent shape. Sharpened to a nice edge and used almost none. Vintage knife made in Japan by Kai.

No box. WITHDRAWN

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7) Case Humpback Stockman #73046 (modded) in Ebony Wood. Stainless blades. Not many of these in ebony floating around. Offset blades so no krinking needed.

I did a few mods on this one. I made the sheepsfoot a little “pointier”, and I ground down the kick a bit. The result is that it sits much lower and doesn’t dig into your fingers. I also changed the spey into a pen. Finally, I put a light satin finish on the blades. The blades are sharpened to nice edges. After I did the work, I posted about it here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/case-humpback-stockman-goes-to-the-spa.1395506/#post-16083523

Includes box & paperwork. $45.00 $39.00 SOLD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  3. MCar

MCar Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2015
    I'll take 1

waverave likes this.
  4. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    I'll take the 99

waverave, paulhilborn and JohnDF like this.
  5. AFAustin

Jun 8, 2004
    8) Case Humpback Half Whittler #62046 ½ in Red Jigged Bone. Stainless blades. Appears new and unused with factory edges, and grinds are well done. Nice swedges on both blades. I like the thin ground main and oversized pen.

No box. $45.00 $39.00 WITHDRAWN (and relisted in Part 7 with further reduced price!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9) Case Small Stockman #6344 in Blue Jigged Bone. Stainless blades. 3 1/4" closed. Sharpened to nice edges and lightly used. Some blade scratching as is usual with this pattern. I smoothed out the hump on the main for a sleeker profile. The clip main is long and handy for such a small frame, and very pointy. Fairly light pulls on this one.

Includes box & paperwork. $38.00 $32.00 SOLD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10) A.G. Russell Curved Jack Wharncliffe. 3 5/8" closed. 12C27 steel. Made in China for A.G. Sharpened to a nice edge and used almost none. A.G. came out with these a few years ago and they received very positive reviews. Sadly they are now discontinued and when they come up on the big auction site, they go for a premium.

No box but includes nice vinyl padded zipper pouch. WITHDRAWN

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    Nate Perkins likes this.
  6. WGregge

WGregge Gold Member Gold Member

May 4, 2016
    I’ll take 1

7. Michael Bridges

Michael Bridges

Jan 30, 2019
    Take 68, 99 email sent

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  8. Bradley89

Bradley89 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 22, 2015
    Take 1 & 2

9. rockgolfer

rockgolfer Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2008
    1 and 2 please

10. MCar

Jul 20, 2015
    I'll take 2 also

11. AFAustin

Jun 8, 2004
    2) GEC Farm & Field #992113LB Farmer Lock Lockback in Black Delrin is SPF to flatblackcapo.

Please email me for PayPal info.

Thanks,

Andrew

12. MCar

Jul 20, 2015
    Email sent for payment information on #1, the White Owl.

13. AFAustin

Jun 8, 2004
    1) GEC Tidioute #682211 White Owl in Dead Skunk Acrylic is SPF to WGregge.

Please email me for PayPal info.

Thanks,

Andrew

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update: I am so sorry---I missed MCar's post which actually was first on #1) the White Owl. So this one will go to him.

1) GEC Tidioute #682211 White Owl in Dead Skunk Acrylic is SPF to MCar.

I've replied to your email with my PP info.

My apologies to all.

Andrew

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    MCar likes this.
  14. MCar

Jul 20, 2015
    Thank you, Andrew. Payment sent.

15. AFAustin

Jun 8, 2004
    1) GEC Tidioute #682211 White Owl in Dead Skunk Acrylic is now SOLD to MCar.

PayPal received. Thanks, McKay. I'll get this out to you tomorrow with a t/n.

Thanks for helping the pups!

Andrew

16. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    Email sent.
    My first email bounced back. I resent email but I will try a PM just in case.

17. AFAustin

Jun 8, 2004
    2) GEC Farm & Field #992113LB Farmer Lock Lockback in Black Delrin is now SOLD.

PayPal received. Thanks, Kevin, and thanks for kicking in extra for the pups!

I'll get this on its way to you tomorrow with a t/n.

Thanks again,

Andrew

18. AFAustin

Jun 8, 2004
    Price drops on the remaining knives. Some nice ones here!

19. dsutton24

dsutton24 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 9, 2018
    3) Case Trapper #10254 SS in Black G-10. Stainless blades with “As Ground” (satin) finish...

I'll take it! Funds sent.

20. AFAustin

Jun 8, 2004
    3) Case Trapper #10254 SS in Black G-10 is SPF to dsutton24.

David, great to see such a strong supporter of the sale pick this one up. I'll reply to your email with PP info.

Thanks,

Andrew

21. AFAustin

Jun 8, 2004
    3) Case Trapper #10254 SS in Black G-10 is now SOLD.

PP received. Thanks, David. I'll get this wrapped up and in the mail to you tomorrow with a t/n.

Thanks for helping the pups yet again!

Andrew

22. Joe58

Joe58 Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Message sent for the Case #7.