Affordable High-End Chef Knife: Time for Preorders!

Discussion in 'Kitchen Cutlery & Tools' started by Lotmom, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Lotmom

Lotmom Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 21, 2016
    I still haven't gotten any word from the admins, so just to be on the safe side, I probably shouldn't say how

I will say, however, that you can find all the information in the thread and my profile.

Edit; it seems I misread your post. Everything should work now

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  2. Lotmom

Apr 21, 2016
    News time! I have placed my order for the next 100 units after selling out of the original 50 in 2 weeks. They should be arriving in the next two months!

3. Rich S

Rich S

Sep 23, 2005
  4. Lotmom

Apr 21, 2016
  5. Lotmom

Apr 21, 2016
    edit: Huh. Thats strange

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  6. Rich S

Rich S

Sep 23, 2005
    Not trolling, just thought folks would be interested. No personal interest at all. I use Victorinox and Old Hickory.
    Rich

7. Lotmom

Apr 21, 2016
    Oh, my apologies.
    In the past there Have been trolls on this thread, so when you posted something off topic, i made an assumption.

8. tomsch

tomsch Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 31, 2004
    The CNN report is absolutely terrible. Let's hope no one falls for this trap. If you really want a good recommendation on a basic set of knife then ask here. A basic knife set should include a good 8-10" chef or Gyuto depending on your handle preference and length, a good pairing knife, and also a solid serrated bread knife which can be magic for not only bread but also tomatoes and soft vegetables. The next step is to buy a good cutting board and then learn to sharpen.

HKSig likes this.
  9. KenHash

KenHash

Sep 11, 2014
    Of the knives mentioned in that CNN article, which is aimed at readers with zero knowledge of kitchen knives,
    only Wustoff, Shun, Zwilling and Mercer are worth considering. The others mentioned are garbage. Of course if
    one has any knowledge of kitchen knives they are unlikely to buy a "set" to start with.

tomsch likes this.
  10. Lotmom

Apr 21, 2016
    Guys, as much as I like conversation, this isnt the thread for it. Could an Admin come clean up?

HKSig likes this.
  11. Aardvark

Aardvark Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 26, 2002
    You've mentioned the Admins a couple of times in this thread, seemingly hoping/expecting that they will take some action.
    I think that you'll have to contact them directly, perhaps using the "Contact us" button at the bottom of the page. Even then, I expect that having them remove posts in a thread will be problematic, given that the posts don't seem to violate any forum rules...
    Could be wrong.

Joe

12. Lotmom

Apr 21, 2016
    Haha, clearly I don't know how forums work. Thanks for the tip!

13. Lotmom

Apr 21, 2016
    Update time! I've gotten word from the MFR that the new batch should be ready to ship by April 20! I look forward to the next wave

HKSig likes this.
  14. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    This is no one's personal thread. Conversations are welcome.

Proper membership level is under discussion.

15. Lotmom

Apr 21, 2016
    Awesome. Thanks for clearing this up. We had a troll earlier in this thread that was removed, and one of the reasons quoted was off topic, so I suppose I misunderstood.

Thanks for your time and effort keeping bladeforums a great place!

Aardvark likes this.
  16. Lotmom

Apr 21, 2016
    Update time: The factory has set a shipment date of April 20th! That means I should have all the preorders sent out by early may.

I know I say this every time, but I feel so grateful for all the support I get, and continue to, receive for this project.

Stay safe out there,
    Ben Herman

FOG2 likes this.