Albers Cutlery Company

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Travman, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Nebrasketball

Nebrasketball Gold Member Gold Member

May 5, 2019
    paulhilborn and Un-Chained like this.
  2. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Thanks buddy, and wow..

3. drj211

drj211 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 26, 2008
    I just had to laugh and shake my head. I received shipping notification earlier this week that my knife would arrive today. I checked the website of said shipping entity this morning. Seems my new knife was in my city yesterday, then got sent to another state last night, then to another state this morning. Well, hopefully next week!

4. AnW

AnW Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 15, 2019
    Epic Albers mail call today! I got the Ironwood from another BF member and then my son and I each got one on the drop last week (he got the Cherry Burl and I got the Katalox). As usual, these are phenomenal!
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, mbkr, TOM K. and 28 others like this.
  5. untytled

untytled Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Great group! That cherry burl is something else. Wow

6. OldHercDude

OldHercDude

Jun 28, 2020
    Yup, that Cherry is beautiful.

7. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    You have a lot to answer for.:eek::rolleyes:. I had never heard of Katalox before, now it is something else i am going to have try and get my hands on.:thumbsup: Thanks very much, another cost i didn't need.:D:D:D;):).

mbkr, Tuna and AnW like this.
  8. AnW

Jun 15, 2019
    I had never heard of it either until the Red Trout knives. It’s pretty nice!

9. ea42

ea42 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2006
    Nice trio Adam! Glad these are finally trickling in. Had a bit of a delay getting them in the mail thanks to that two foot snowstorm we had last week. The curl in the Katalox is really neat. If you tilt the knife back and forth you get a wild 3-D effect. Most noticeable in sunlight but no problem seeing it in household light too.

Eric

peanutsxx, Laurelbb, untytled and 6 others like this.
  10. AnW

Jun 15, 2019
    It’s absolutely gorgeous almost translucent looking. 3D is a good way to describe it. Wish I could capture it in a photo.

11. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Really nice. I'm getting excited to get mine and see for myself how the Katalox looks. I looked it up and apparently is known as Mexican Royal Ebony.

btb01, cudgee and AnW like this.
  12. knifethetank

knifethetank Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2018
    @AnW nice trio, I love wood scales and that Ironwood looks great :thumbsup:

AnW likes this.
  13. AnW

Jun 15, 2019
    The gent that sold it to me got it on one of the earlier drops and the pull was a bit stiff for his liking. I kind of prefer them that way. He offered it to me for his cost plus shipping so I couldn’t refuse. It will definitely be seeing some pocket time this coming week.

SDknifeguy, JohnDF and knifethetank like this.
  14. AnW

Jun 15, 2019
    I think you’re going to love it. Looking forward to seeing more photos as others start to get theirs.

JohnDF and cudgee like this.
  15. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:.

knifethetank likes this.
  16. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    I lucked out and was able to get this one in Katalox for a buddy that has a slower internet connection. It's really hard to capture the grain in a picture but it's a beauty. It'll be getting mailed out on Monday along with a Coco boys knife that I also got for him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    mcc850, SDknifeguy, Spaten and 14 others like this.
  17. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    Have we seen any of the " Sarsparalla " yet?

18. jstrange

jstrange

Mar 31, 2012
    Late to this party. These are beautiful looking knives and very fairly priced. Glad to see this.

JohnDF likes this.
  19. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    Where you been?:D And from all reports and seeing what some knives are going for i think they are exceptionally priced.:thumbsup::).

jstrange likes this.
  20. Viper84

Viper84 Patina Artist Platinum Member

Dec 31, 2020
    That cherry burl is just amazing! I'm a sucker for burl wood.

AnW likes this.