Albers Cutlery Company

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Travman, Sep 20, 2020.

1. sitflyer

sitflyer Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2011
    Any progress on the next run? Very hopeful for seeing things move forward for you Eric.

2. ea42

ea42 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2006
    Moving along slowly but surely. Took this pic last week after I had just finished hammering the pins. Now they're all ground, sanded and shaped and in the process of being buffed. I think I should have them pretty much done by the end of the week. Working on five additionals that aren't in the pic, they're still in the assembly stages.

Batch 1.jpg

Eric

peanutsxx, knowtracks, meako and 29 others like this.
  3. Matt_WY

Matt_WY Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 30, 2018
    Looking good Eric!

4. sitflyer

sitflyer Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2011
    You Da man Eric!!! Lookin' good! All the best!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

looks like a run of 45 or so, very cool. You are going to do well at this. I think the time is ripe for you with your talents and the current state of things.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    Cutfinger and Travman like this.
  5. Fixall

Fixall Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2018
    I’m really happy to see the continued progress! An Alber’s in Katalox is calling my name!

Travman likes this.
  6. ea42

ea42 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2006
    Not this round but I do believe I'll be doing some katalox in either the next batch or the one after. :)

Eric

Coreysbu, mrknife, Travman and 2 others like this.
  7. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    That's an exciting photo, Eric! :D :thumbsup:

sitflyer likes this.
  8. Fixall

Fixall Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2018
    Great to hear sir!

9. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Since I'm guessing these are all spoken for by folks who are already on some list, any update on how those of us not in the circle will be able to get on that list? Thanks!

A.S., sbh06, Norcaldude and 3 others like this.
  10. mrknife

mrknife Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2010
    Looking good Eric, what is that stuff up top with the lighter wood curiously

11. Frailer

Frailer Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2009
    An excellent question! ;)

12. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    If I read his previous post correctly, he has no list at this point. I think he was waiting to get his web site up and running so that requests could be made there. He indicated that doing the reserves "manually" was not a good way for him to do it. He didn't want to inadvertently miss someone.

So, I think all of these will be up for grabs from his web site.... unless he's had a change in plans. But this is purely speculation and interpretation on my part. I'm sure he'll clarify here as the time approaches. I certainly don't speak for him... just my observations.

Quiet and Travman like this.
  13. ea42

Jan 1, 2006
    Nothing's spoken for aside from a handful of knives that were ordered ahead of time. I've got a list of folks who have requested that I let them know once I put the knives up on the website, but that's about as far as it goes. Quiet I can give you a heads up too, no problem at all. :thumbsup::)

Eric

Quiet likes this.
  14. ea42

Jan 1, 2006
    Jack that's mastodon ivory.

Eric

knowtracks, TOM K., Travman and 7 others like this.
  15. Easyrider

Easyrider Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2000
    Since we are talking about the website and being alerted when knives go on sale I have a question.
    Is the website up and running?

A.S., Jake Dudley and hornetguy like this.
  16. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    I appreciate it. And as @Easyrider asked, we'd love to be notified when your site is up and off to the races. I'd love to be able to support another knife maker making beautiful traditionals!

Sacto, knifethetank, untytled and 2 others like this.
  17. A.S.

A.S. Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 8, 2017
    My sentiments exactly.

18. mrknife

mrknife Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2010
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: whoa!!!!! neat! cant wait to see how those finished :eek:

19. Easyrider

Easyrider Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2000
    Oh boy, I think that someone will need to post photos of those when they are completed!

sitflyer likes this.
  20. Jody744

Jody744 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Keep me posted please sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!