Am I CPK-spoiled?

Discussion in 'Carothers Performance Knives' started by SharpPancake, Jan 25, 2021.

1. - SpyderMan -

- SpyderMan - Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2015
    I did the same.

woodysone, Jeff Dickinson and Odog27 like this.
  2. mpjustin

mpjustin Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Me 3

3. fatfrog

fatfrog Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 26, 2019
    CPKs have ruined all other fixed blade knives for me - there is literally no other fixed blade I want that isn't a CPK. In my eyes, CPK offers a product that is really hard to beat in terms of design & function, quality of steel & heat treat, fit & finish, and custom options (if you hop on a pre-order).

Odog27, mpjustin, BIGDORK and 10 others like this.
  4. Lorien

Lorien KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 5, 2005
    I can't think of a cutlery company I'd rather work with than CPK; for the same reason why this thread exists, although from a different perspective

Odog27, Mike157, SharpPancake and 7 others like this.
  5. madcap_magician

madcap_magician Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2005
    I have pared down my knife collecting. CPK makes up most of it. I mostly collect fixed blades and just have a couple folders for carry.

I have seven CPKs. The only other knife makers I will jump on whenever available is Matt Martin from Vehement Knives and Alan Folts, but fortunately I've gotten on Matt's books and won't get my knife order for about 18 months, and the odds of the books opening again within three years seem pretty low. The VK midtech runs are pretty infrequent, so between CPK and VK, my budget pretty much taps out. Alan's Minimalists are very affordable for full custom pieces, but those books also only open once every year or two.

And it's good every time I see something I'm tempted to buy to remind myself that no, I only collect three makers now.

fatfrog, lex2006, Odog27 and 3 others like this.
  6. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    Great collection !!! That og FK with OD handles looks great !!! I love those :)

7. Jeff Dickinson

Jeff Dickinson

Mar 25, 2018
    ⬆️ Why thank you, Sir. I find myself more of a micarta guy personally. Those OD g10 were just too pretty to pass on. And it seems to me the texturing of the slabs was not as defined, or refined as it were, for the FK1 to the FK2. The micarta and g10 dont have as noticeable a difference in "gripability" for me. Hey, great looking leather work!

8. SharpPancake

SharpPancake Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2018
    You know when the addiction is bad, when you are constantly thinking about Utility Fighter 2, even when you have no needs for such a blade.

Odog27, duramax and SneezySky like this.
  9. 000Robert

000Robert Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2020
    I'm not thinking about it all the time, but I will be happy when it's in my hands. I have a gorgeous DEK1 to think about before the UF2. :)

Odog27 and SharpPancake like this.