1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Another great piece from Adam DesRosiers...

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by Redsnake1997, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Redsnake1997

Redsnake1997

May 26, 2005
    I've always considered Adam a friend but the past year or so I'd say I consider him more a brother ... This piece I recently received was a close copy of another piece Adam brought to Blade this past Summer that went into Todd Begg's collection before I could make up my mind and just buy it. So Adam and I did some swapping of knives and I ended up with this one as his part of the trade.

It's a Kukurish type blade. Forged finish O1 that was blackened with a nice SS guard and Antique Micarta handle w/some grooves added for extra traction in the hand when swinging this thing. It was a flip-of-the-coin choice on handle material... Black G10 or Antique Micarta... we let Haley make the final decision. I think either would look good but I also have always been fond of how A. Micarta ages and patinas with use. Blade is just a tad over 10" and handle 5" ... give or take. Fits like a GLOVE in my hand!! Nice blade tapering to the point and clip forged in (not sharpened). Some very nice leatherwork also from Adam. Not as fancy as the ones Pappy Long makes, but this one will most definitely work and do what needs to be done in the field.

Let me know what you think... now on to a few pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Lorien

Lorien KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 5, 2005
    I think we'll start to see more forge finished, blackened knives after this...

3. RogerP

RogerP Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2002
    That is so totally badass - love it! Nice rig, too.

4. DesRosiers

DesRosiers

May 5, 2010
    Glad you like it Brother! Thanks for posting. This is a fun style of knife for me. It's truly hand forged and hand built like all my knives, but it's an absolutely zero compromise user. The parkerized O-1 blade is differential tempered, leaving a 62RC edge and a very tough, springy spine. You can't ask for a better hard-use handle material that still has character and will darken nicely with age.

A.

5. Shaw Blades

Shaw Blades

May 18, 2009
    Awesome. I need to pick a knife from him

6. Redsnake1997

Redsnake1997

May 26, 2005
    You won't regret it if you do!!

7. erik markman

erik markman

Aug 13, 2007
    Really cool!

8. Bob Leedy

Bob Leedy

Oct 12, 2008
    Lots of weight forward and a good grip should make for a great chopper. A stylish first class tool!

9. Dawkind

Dawkind Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 3, 2000
    Very purposeful indeed.....nice kit, too. :cool:

10. Burton Harruff

Burton Harruff

Oct 1, 2007
    Awesome!

11. Kohai999

Kohai999 Second Degree Cutter Platinum Member

Jul 15, 2003
    So it is a chopper or a fighting bowie?

I ask because of the shoulder rig. That piece cries out for a sharpened back edge. I like the way "natural" Micarta ages as well, gets a deep reddish/orangish hue.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

12. Redsnake1997

Redsnake1997

May 26, 2005
    Good question... I'd say more chopper but it has such good balance one could use it as a fighter. I'd prefer a more pointy type blade as a fighter. With the dulled clip you can use your weak side hand to push the blade or whack stuff with it and not worry about dulling.

The shoulder rig makes for easy field carry... or it should. I know Adam lives and plays in much 'harsher' climates in AK than I normally do in OK and I know he likes this type rig for carry. With a big blade I think it works.

Plus if we ever have a real Walking Dead type World Catastrophic event this one would would be a perfect silent Walker dispatcher!

13. mike deibert

mike deibert

Jul 2, 2009
    Adam is the man!

14. parfums95

parfums95 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 24, 2008
    Congrats Red, all Adam knives are the blessed bread, for those who like this kind of knife, I am of that ...
    a knife to the adventure I share with you when you want here or elsewhere.