anyone know a guy who knows a guy with a Moon Song?

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by minimize, Jun 29, 2020.

1. minimize

minimize

Nov 12, 2007
    I'm chasing my unicorn. The one that got away. Had a small. Had a large. Stupid younger me sold them. No on here. Well, after doing the song and dance that all of us knife nuts do, I have finally come to the realization that my white whale is the Moon Song. Anyone have a lead on where to find one? Honestly, this will probably be my true edc, from here on out. Any leads are appreciated.

2. Peter Hartwig

Peter Hartwig Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Place a want ad. I picked up a small just last month with a want ad( do to the kindness of a member here), after making the same mistake as you in selling both a large and small
    Good luck

3. minimize

minimize

Nov 12, 2007
    Lucky! Glad to know it is possible though! May I ask how much you got it for? I am curious to see what the current market is for them.

4. Peter Hartwig

Feb 29, 2008
    If you are going to seriously pursue this, I suggest you get a paid membership
    1. some prefer to sell to paid members
    2. you can be PMed rather than a post in your thread. Some will jump your thread and try to grab the knife away, if the seller post in the thread.
    Neither guaranties you will get one, but at least you won't miss one
    I paid $700-not sure where that fits into todays market

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    tinfoil hat timmy likes this.
  5. minimize

minimize

Nov 12, 2007
    Thanks, Peter. I haven't been active here for a long time now. Hardly seemed worth a membership without being around. Appreciate the help. 700 seems solid. I'm happy for you

6. Peter Hartwig

Feb 29, 2008
    I don't know if you are active enough to see this in time, but they are bidding on a small on Ebay

minimize likes this.
  7. aleforme

aleforme Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Check the photos! I messaged the guy and got close ups. Told him to post the ones he sent me and he did. Major blade damage. It's just back from a Spa and the blade looks like that. Guessing CRK couldn't or wouldn't fit it.

Peter Hartwig likes this.
  8. Peter Hartwig

Feb 29, 2008
    I didn't check it out at all, just noted it was listed

9. bart1

bart1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2009
    Check the Bay

10. minimize

minimize

Nov 12, 2007
    Hey! Thanks A TON for keeping me in mind and letting me know! I really sincerely appreciate that. I just went on ebay, and don't see anything. I guess it got pulled or ended already. :( Thanks again though. Really kind of you.