1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Anyone use BudK or TrueSwords?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Reptaronice1, May 2, 2019.

1. SeppukuSamurai

SeppukuSamurai Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 19, 2014
    Lol.

Tbh, I'm not well versed when it comes to the company in any way shape or form. I remember buying a small bust and knife from a flea market when I was young branded Bud K. I assumed they still had a branded product in some shape or form. In my experience, if that product exists today, it's wall hanger quality.

2. Reptaronice1

Reptaronice1

May 1, 2019
    Thats a good point actually. Cause budk does sell different brands and I do like some of them. So ya I guess you could say it does.

3. Reptaronice1

Reptaronice1

May 1, 2019
    Most on there are. Musha is the only brand I buy to actually use as I have a few and tested them but beside that they r pretty much wall hangers. (Dont commit seppuku btw

SeppukuSamurai likes this.
  4. HwangJino

HwangJino

Dec 2, 2012
    When I was 12 or 13.

That's where it started, but would never get anything from that sort of quality now as an adult.

5. Reptaronice1

Reptaronice1

May 1, 2019
    same :) I am 16 now and am starting to move upward but its hard with a small budget

6. jeffsenpai

jeffsenpai Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2010
    While I know Budk products are not good quality overall, I still love perusing the catalogs. Some of the products they sell are OK - sometimes I take a gamble. I love the Kissing Crane branded trappers, and they do not seem to be available elsewhere. Made in Taiwan, good quality.

On the other hand, I picked up a Kissing Crane Barlow in Green Burlap Micarta, sadly it was Paki made garbage. I was hoping for better, but sometimes its a gamble.

7. HwangJino

HwangJino

Dec 2, 2012
    Save money! You'll be glad you did.

8. Reptaronice1

Reptaronice1

May 1, 2019
    ya, im trying to save around 500 for my next sword

9. skyhorse

skyhorse Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2010
    The Bud K catalog maybe the best outhouse literature known to man.
    [​IMG]

10. Reptaronice1

Reptaronice1

May 1, 2019
    And yet my face when I see that "Authentic Pakistan Damascus" for 50$

[​IMG]

skyhorse likes this.
  11. Reptaronice1

Reptaronice1

May 1, 2019
    XD