1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Anyone want to talk about the HTM Gun Hammer?

Discussion in 'Darrel Ralph (DDR) Custom Knives & DRT Tactical' started by Darrel Ralph, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Darrel Ralph

Darrel Ralph Moderator Moderator

Dec 14, 1998
  2. harkamus

harkamus

Apr 23, 2007
    I replied under a fake name.

3. Darrel Ralph

Dec 14, 1998
    Funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. harkamus

harkamus

Apr 23, 2007
    Yep, I'm John Smith. I replied a few times. I've been stalked before let's just say.

5. MT Damascus

MT Damascus

Jan 14, 2011
    View attachment 226159 I love mine, great knife and well made. Not a big fan of the blade coating though.

6. Darrel Ralph

Dec 14, 1998
    Your looks Non Glare?

7. MT Damascus

MT Damascus

Jan 14, 2011
    Not so much, but this being sold as a tactical, i understand the coating. the coating always seems to show a smear after wiping off. Only with a coating of oil does the blade look "cleaner". Small gripe that isnt really a big deal, but i would like to have the blade polished or stonewash finish. Overall a great design Darrel and well executed by HTM. Probably sell this one day and get one of your custom gun hammers.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  8. RevDevil

RevDevil Super Evil Supermod Staff Member Super Mod

Nov 9, 2009
    Looks like a bead blast finish to me. I have the same knife.

9. Darrel Ralph

Dec 14, 1998
    Please go to the Blade MAG forum and speak you piece!

10. cziv

cziv

Nov 24, 2005
    I want to talk about the HTM Gun Hammer. I'm only one small voice, but I'm tired of 3.5" blades - boring. Since I want one of your flipper knives and have seen the price for a full custom, I've come to peace with two facts: I can't afford the custom and I won't ever buy another 3.5" blade folder.

Consider your first HTM Gun Hammer ordered if and when you get around to releasing something at or very "near" the 4" blade length. Thanks Darrel, I wish I could buy one of your pretty customs but can't. :(

11. Darrel Ralph

Dec 14, 1998
    We how about a Madd Maxx 4 inch with a bowie or tanto blade.
    We have decided to make it iwth all three blades.

12. cziv

cziv

Nov 24, 2005
    Yes sir, I've seen those and they're really cool. I used to collect "shank" style knives like Italian autos but they lost their allure. I recall that you mentioned once that it woudn't be that long before an HTM gun hammer would be available in the 4"ish neighborhood. I'm waiting on that day, but my SS checks have started (for now) and I hope you don't wait too many years. You might lose a sale! :eek:

Kidding aside Darrel, your customs blow me away, you've indeed mastered your craft! :thumbup:

13. Voodoosix

Voodoosix

Jun 6, 2011
    i really like what ive seen of the Gunhammer, one thing id change/offer is a slightly bellied (non recurve) version of the Radian blade. it would end up more like Japanese style tanto (which is under represented in a sea of American tanto knives).

14. Gusmanb

Gusmanb

Mar 6, 2015
    I Picked up a GH2 With Alum earth color Handal With Radial Blade. And Love it. I hope to get a custom.
    so are HTM no longer with DDR? Was hoping to grab a Frame Lock Carbon Fiber HTM Sometime as the GH2 is a Liner Lock

15. amirovilivasso

amirovilivasso

Jun 11, 2019
    Looks like a bead blast finish to me. I have the same knife.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019