Anyone wear moccasins?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by bmilla35, Aug 16, 2010.

1. bmilla35

bmilla35

Aug 29, 2007
    I didn't quite know where to put this thread but figured this was safe...

Anyways, I am looking to get a pair of moccasins because my only pair is old and worn. They were just a $40 pair from a local sports store (I want to say the name is old friend or old friendly?), but its time for a new pair. I don't want to spend more than $100, but if someone has a good reason for why I should I am all ears :D

A couple months ago when I first thought of getting them I stumbled upon a site that had them made out of multiple animal hides and had many different styles...but now I can't find it. I have a feeling wolf was in the name lol.

I just want a pair I can wear around the house and outside when I go to class and stuff. Just a casual pair of slippers is what I want...with a laces preferably. But once again, I am open for suggestions.

Thanks for any help guys

2. John A. Larsen

John A. Larsen

Jan 15, 2001
    Check out www.townviewleather.com. They are a family business up in Maine. I have a pair of their linned Moc's I wear around the house and have been very happy with them. John

3. bmilla35

bmilla35

Aug 29, 2007
    Thanks! That seems to be just what I was looking for

4. tekapo

tekapo

Jul 30, 2006
    I've had good luck with Carl Dyer's. Another quality small shop. These might be more than you are looking for, but won't be sorry.

http://carldyers.com/

5. bmilla35

bmilla35

Aug 29, 2007
    Maybe my next pair in a few years...I am just a poor college student now!

6. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    tandy sells patterns - you could make your own.
    buy a side of decent leather, make your own, then once you have the process down, make a pair for someone else and get back the price of the leather?
    Also - once you have a decent pattern, you can add about 3/8" all the way around and use that as the pattern for a shearling pair - winter shoes!

7. NuclearWinterRat1

NuclearWinterRat1

Apr 22, 2005
    anyone here heard of Sodhoppers. I would like a pair of their stealth tracker ones with a goop sole, but I can't justify the price they are asking (200+). I would love to learn fro the fuy who makes them, but his tutorial is also outrageously priced (500 for a 4 dvd set).

8. cherokee tj

cherokee tj

Aug 13, 2008
    I wear Minnetonka's and love them.

9. bmilla35

bmilla35

Aug 29, 2007
    Hmm..interesting idea. I will have to consider that!

Minnentonka I kind of ruled out...just because I would rather pay a little more for something that wasnt made in a factory

ETA: I actually don't even know if they are made in a factory...so I guess I shouldnt say that :foot: