1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

As promised... YCS Gloat Pix!

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by warty, Mar 24, 2010.

1. warty

warty

Mar 2, 2010
    I was asked to post up some shots of my recently sharked YCS and since I hate to disappoint my public :rolleyes: Here They Are!

We start out with the basic, sheath and all shot...
    [​IMG]
    Now a few to show off the basic lines of the individual items
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The spine is nice and beefy!
    [​IMG]

A close up of the dragon carving on the horn handle
    [​IMG]
    Both sides of the knife handles
    [​IMG]

OOOH AHHH!:D
    [​IMG]

Feels like it was made for me too!
    [​IMG]

I hope this satisfies! These pix exist in much larger size but I felt these were appropriate for posting here...

I am in the process of really polishing the blade up with Flitz. When I am done it may not be possible to take pix in the sun any longer...

2. alexs

alexs

Nov 26, 2009
    A huge request for Yangdu: Please have the Kami's make a lot more of this exact fantastic blade shape, but with standard handles like those on an M-43 or a CAK to drop the costs significantly and make them more devoted choppers.

Thanks,
    Alex

3. stickfred

stickfred

Nov 6, 2009
    Thanks for the beautiful pics, Warty. It does look like that handle fits you just right. Once again, the khukuri picks its owner. Those fullers look great! OOOH AHHH! indeed!! Does the Flitz polishing mean that you won't be doing a chopping workout with your new beauty?

I've been wondering why these recent YCS's were so heavy since the original specs were about 1 1/2 pounds. Now I see yours is a chiruwa handle and combined with Sher's penchant for overbuilding his blades helps me to understand. Thanks again.

Rick

Edit: alexs it sounds like you're asking for a resurgence of the Plain Jane-I'd go for one of those, too. Or would you want the same three accessory pieces?

4. warty

warty

Mar 2, 2010
    It has had its obligatory chopping work out and now it is retired to the collection. This is when it gets the Flitz treatment and the supreme glow of the metal arises until it looks like a magic sword in the presence of evil. ;)

5. DannyinJapan

DannyinJapan

Oct 9, 2003
    wow! How did you get a YCS that was only 4.5 " long ??

6. Venice Will

Venice Will

Jan 11, 2007
    ahhhh...a thing of beauty!

nice score!

7. topgun0728

topgun0728

May 15, 2009
    Danny, I think the scale is in cm. So it comes out to be about 17 " long. :)

8. stickfred

stickfred

Nov 6, 2009
    I think Danny was only funnin' him. Kinda like his great "bo Jange" post about 10 years ago. He's a pretty funny guy for a ninja.

9. warty

warty

Mar 2, 2010
    the original stats from the sale post...

It is a special one Danny, I had it made special for me. ;) So it is EXTRA collectible! :p

10. Tohatchi NM

Tohatchi NM

Mar 26, 2002
    You're reading it rong. The khuk is 45 inches long, and his hands are 10 inches wide.

11. DannyinJapan

DannyinJapan

Oct 9, 2003
    Oh no, Dave's gonna be mad...Maybe he can get a 6" extension for his ganga ram...

(Mr. Bo Jange, dude, I had forgotten all about you.)

12. alexs

alexs

Nov 26, 2009
    The current model is really rare and collectible and those with money will enjoy every minute of it. But for those like me, on a student's budget, I can do without the 3 beautiful accessory knives, or have them replaced with the standard-issue 2 accessories to keep it traditional. A simpler handle on this Khuk without the engraving would be enough for me. I wouldn't give up the thick chiruwa tang though as there is so much belly out front to balance out. I don't know what one would call such a hypothetical model, but I trust that its cost and time of production will be somewhat lower while still having this amazing shape of the blade that has us salivating over. It is like a Foxy Folly and Ganga Ram met and had a baby, and dressed it in YCS clothes...

13. warty

warty

Mar 2, 2010
    I have a Bhimsen too and I can tell you it really has a lot of CHOP in it and looks good too...
    [​IMG]

14. b.c.molin

b.c.molin

Nov 28, 2008
    +1 :thumbup:

15. tonydahose

tonydahose

Oct 28, 2005
    wow, she's a beauty. i love the engraving on the handle. nice job shining her up too. :thumbup:

16. topgun0728

topgun0728

May 15, 2009
    warty, what did you use to get that kind of polish on the blade?

17. warty

warty

Mar 2, 2010
    Flitz... and a bit of finger grease, then I buff it out with a micro fibre cloth.
    that is the Bhimsen....

It is raining today, I will post up how nice the YCS looks when the storm breaks.
    The fullers on the YCS are breath taking and now that it is all shined up... OOOH AAAH just doesn't capture how it makes me feel.

18. warty

warty

Mar 2, 2010
    Here is a before and after picture of the YCS...
    All I did was use Flitz polish on the blade to get it this shiny...
    [​IMG]