1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 16 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Buck Custom Shop 119 Special lasermarked with the BladeForums logo!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Buck Custom Shop 119, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Apil 20; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Astonishing Auctions

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by ithinkverydeeply, Jan 14, 2019.

1. ithinkverydeeply

ithinkverydeeply Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 17, 2018
    I’ll humble brag for Blue Sasquatch, this is his.
    [​IMG]

2. Yankee Josh

Yankee Josh Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2018
    I was watching that one as well. I stop looking near the end because the father it goes out of my reach the more depressed i get... Haha. I have several large roofs scheduled for the spring and a couple more during summer and i swear I'm gonna get me a damn nice axe. I don't care what it costs! Well i guess i care a little bit.

Nbrackett, ithinkverydeeply and A17 like this.
  3. KiwiBloke

KiwiBloke

Oct 2, 2018
    How is this for an astonishing auction!

I died a little inside when I saw it going for that much as I didn't have any funds to partake in the bidding :(

This price comes to (as of today) $378USD. I know right!

[​IMG]

ithinkverydeeply likes this.
  4. KiwiBloke

KiwiBloke

Oct 2, 2018
    What's the deal with those divots in the etching? Pretty inconvenient place to have them.

5. Kentucky

Kentucky KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Basic Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Last year I saw several Norlund hatchets go for insane money. Well over $100 and a few NOS on the packing card go for well over $200
    I’ve seen just heads lately go for $70+..

6. ithinkverydeeply

Dec 17, 2018
    This one made me want to cry after missing it. I really wanted it and should have/would have bid more for it. What was I thinking!.. :mad:
    I wonder if someone from this forum got it?...

[​IMG]

A17 and Yankee Josh like this.
  7. Blue Sasquatch

Blue Sasquatch

Nov 30, 2012
    Thanks bud! I have two of them actually, the other one is my keeper and this one is in the shop to sell.

Those are tool marks, from someone using the axe in some manner over the last 100 years. Axes were tools to be used, not hung on the wall back then, especially when you could walk in a store and buy one of these. I did my best to restore the head, but can't do much about that sort of damage.

ithinkverydeeply and Nbrackett like this.
  8. KiwiBloke

KiwiBloke

Oct 2, 2018
    Yeah 'used' not misused. Someone was careless and did not place much worth on this tool.

9. Square_peg

Square_peg Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2012
    There's a Plumb axes listed for auction right now that is advertised as a 'Dreadnaught' but without any evidence that it is a dreadnaught. Let the buyer beware!

KiwiBloke likes this.
  10. Square_peg

Feb 1, 2012
    I'm speechless.

[​IMG]

FOG2, A17 and quinton like this.
  11. ithinkverydeeply

Dec 17, 2018
    A17 likes this.
  12. Blue Sasquatch

Blue Sasquatch

Nov 30, 2012
    Operator1975 or whatever the digits is, won that salesman axe.

13. KiwiBloke

KiwiBloke

Oct 2, 2018
    That guys collection must be worth an absolute fortune.. maybe not the most valuable collection in the world however I know there is an old fella in NZ with 30 Black Ravens. Don't know the condition though.

DB_Cruiser, A17 and Yankee Josh like this.
  14. jblyttle

jblyttle Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2014
    I'll bet you already have several damn nice axes

ithinkverydeeply, Yankee Josh and A17 like this.
  15. ithinkverydeeply

Dec 17, 2018
    Dang! :(
    [​IMG]

Yankee Josh, Square_peg and A17 like this.
  16. Square_peg

Feb 1, 2012
    It's the condition and the marketing that adds value to an axe inferior to a Kelly Woodslasher. This might be the same one that was sold a couple years ago on the 'bay.

ithinkverydeeply, Yankee Josh and A17 like this.
  17. crbnSteeladdict

crbnSteeladdict

Jul 31, 2017
    I need to dig up my rusty paper label homestead, commander axes and head to store for etching supplies :)
    j/k
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Genuine-Norlund-Double-Bit-Axe-Original-Handle-4-Pound-Head-35-034-Long-/233183784604?hash=item364ad62e9c:g:dIcAAOSwUvVcn9-s&nma=true&si=wTTLdVrmmoXoY4f1IkFVlutOrSg%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019