1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Attention!!!. . . HOGs, Dogs, & Rats Who Are Headed To Knob Creek. . . .

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Jerry Busse

Jerry Busse Moderator Moderator

Aug 20, 1999
    . . . . Garth and the gang will be at the Golden Manor Hotel in Muldraugh, KY tonight at 7:30 pm! :D

There are almost always several HOGs, Dogs, and Rats who find Garth's room and do a preemptive strike on the trough the night before the show! :eek:

Consider this to be not only your fair warning but your invitation as well ! ! ! ! ! :thumbup: :D

So, all of you trough-raiders simply need to ask for Garth Reckner at the front desk and they will direct you. :thumbup:

If any of you HOGs, Dogs, or Rats are in the area tonight. . . don't be shy, stop on by!!!!! :thumbup: :D

Let's Drink!!!! :thumbup:

Jerry :D

2. oge14

oge14 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 14, 2007
    if i wasn't 9 hour's away that would be a lot s

3. banana-clip

banana-clip

Jun 7, 2007
    I might be able to make that on Friday night, not tonight.

4. resinguy

resinguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2006
    :mad::mad::thumbdn:

Jerry, you have to stop coddling all these newbies. They should have to roll in the mud under the Trough and learn these things the hard way. You can't go giving away secrets on hard-earned Hog tactics, and shielding them from minor hassles like fake Go signals. Rights of passage are important tools to maintain culture.

5. jnphares

jnphares

Feb 23, 2007
    Well, I said that I'd never go early, but it doesn't feel like cheating now that it's an announced event, so I may drop by.

6. MustardMan

MustardMan

Mar 14, 2009
    I just know the one knife I really really want will be snagged tonight. I needs me a proxy big time.

7. Tohatchi NM

Tohatchi NM

Mar 26, 2002
    If I were Garth, I'd register under an assumed name. Something safe like "Justin Timberlake" or "The Jonas Brothers". Teeny boppers are scary, but they're rarely armed. :D

8. Amy-0

Amy-0

Mar 8, 2006

Hmmmmm......I could call the hotel:p:p I think Garth would LOVE to have a alias like Justin Timberlake...LOL

9. cruelraoul

cruelraoul

Jun 6, 2009
    Can Garth proxy for me? I want a Boss St, SJTAC and a skinny ASH, but I can't make the 1200 mile trip. By the time I got there, all the good stuff would be long gone.

10. rpn

rpn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2008
    knocking on a hotel door, "hey bud, can you hook me up? I need to score...infi and lots of it."

reminds me of my younger/not so healthy days! :)

Proxy!!??? Proxy please!!!!

11. upsidedownviking

upsidedownviking

Aug 22, 2009
    :thumbup:One night in Boston I saw a line of girls around the block, waiting to get into Wiskey Park because Justin Timberlake was supposed there.

It was November or December and they all were in mini-skirts and no coats just shivering (may have been from excitement). The line went around past the McCormick & Schmicks entrance. (if you know the area)

12. jnphares

jnphares

Feb 23, 2007
    It's started a light rain, but I just looked at the local forecast and it's thunderstorms tomorrow, so I think I'd better go tonight -- there may be mosh pit parking at the range tomorrow.

I live about 30 miles out from Knob Creek, and it's no longer what I'd consider a light rain, more like a steady soaker. About 15 minutes from my last edit, and it's slowed down and starting to brighten up outside -- still, it's pretty wet.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  13. LMT66

LMT66 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Best to take advantage of this to avoid the piglet fighting friday morning when the stampede starts,
    [youtube]9e0OloAz1nE[/youtube]

14. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Knock, knock, knockin on Garthie's door... :D

15. MustardMan

MustardMan

Mar 14, 2009
    I love the number of CG and old school blades you guys are bringing to these shows. I hope BLADE Atlanta ends up with the same sort of mix. All kinds of great stuff is showing up!

16. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    CG's!!
    Say it ain't so!! :cool::D

17. rover

rover Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Tonight! I was running through my head how long it would take me. Drove from SLC UT to Oxford MS nonstop in 36 hrs.

Sounds like a blast, and I bet not much sleep will be had!

18. CaptInsano

CaptInsano

Apr 11, 2007
    Too bad I have an exam in my Perspectives in Professional Nursing class tomorrow. What a waste of time.

19. Lil' Foo

Lil' Foo

Aug 24, 2006
    +1 :grumpy:

Wot up wit dat??? :confused:

20. TurnerIII

TurnerIII

Jul 20, 2005

and the things that come along from being JT :)