1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Nov 16!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Nov 17 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Axe handle making, modifications, repair and more

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by Maine20, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Ernest DuBois

Ernest DuBois

Mar 2, 2013
    Speaking of delaying our gratification, I've tarred my handle on this kirves of Finland strung up now curing in the hay loft. It might be handleable come spring-time with any luck.[​IMG]

2. Yankee Josh

Yankee Josh Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Almost have this one finished; 20191003_151416.jpg

I was trying to make a slender one and I think I achieved a little too much success! She's a tad thin in the grip. I've got it farther along than this but I ran out of light. Looking forward to getting it finished tomorrow. I'll post it up! Take care!

A17, Agent_H, Hairy Clipper and 3 others like this.
  3. Yankee Josh

Yankee Josh Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Got it finished! Quite a few photos with this one. I used scraps that were left from the 41" db haft I made for the plumb Puget sound falling axe.
    Here's my first pic; [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Here I had hung it and had just cut the excess off the swell. [​IMG]
    Here it is finished without oil; [​IMG]
    And all done; [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I have to say I'm pretty pleased with it. Even thought it's thin the swell is plenty large enough and it feels good to swing it. Also it has a full 2" eye! On a small hatchet like this!? It's awesome that thing is never coming loose! It's a good little chopper. Thanks for checking it out!
    [​IMG]

4. Agent_H

Agent_H Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2013
    A17, crbnSteeladdict, FLINT77 and 3 others like this.