1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

[b]God Bless This Wonderful Country,usa,usa,usa!!

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by JUSTRIGHT, Feb 8, 2003.

1. JUSTRIGHT

JUSTRIGHT

Aug 10, 2001
    GOD BLESS THIS WONDERFUL COUNTRY,USA,USA,USA!!!!!!!!NO matter what other people say(under the influence or not) we are #1.Too all who is serving our country and has served our beloved US,I salute you;).....:D FRANK CAPEL

2. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    I'll drink to that.

3. Kendo

Kendo Banned by Moderators Banned

Aug 10, 2002
    thanks frank i too wish all the soldiers well who are going to face the coming conflict. here is a copy of a poem by a guy called bub. it moved me big time when i read it a pity this great human being had to be taken in conflict at so tender an age.

I clenched my fist and shook it
    At the clear blue sky above,
    "Where are you God?" I shouted,
    And where's your wondrous love?"

"How can you be so heartless
    With your children here below?
    How can you let this war rage on
    And weak ones suffer so?

My anger mounted fiercely 'til
    My voice would come no more;
    And wearily I crumpled to
    The earth's soft grassy floor

Then presently I heard a voice
    A still, small voice quite near;
    It called my name and whispered
    Reassurance in my ear.

"Have faith my son and trust me,
    In this thy darkest hour;
    My love for you is greater far
    Than any evil power.

"My love for man is infinite
    And when I gave him birth,
    I let him have dominion
    Over everything on earth.

"He wields my mighty power
    And my substance as he will;
    He falters, falls and rises
    Growing stronger ever still.

"Oh how I yearn to hold him up
    When ere I see him fall;
    And yet I can not take away
    My greatest gift of all.

"For I gave to Man the right to will
    To choose the way he'll go;
    I can not interpose my love
    Unless he wills it so.

"'Tis through his will and only thus
    That I may end all strife;
    But all who will may have my peace,
    My strength, My love, My life.

"The time is near when all the world
    Will see the light my son;
    For everywhere on earth I hear
    The prayer, 'Thy Will be done'."

With this the Father's voice was gone,
    And yet I felt him near;
    No longer was I filled with doubt-
    The Answer now was clear.

I raised my head from where I lay
    And whispered, "Lord, I see.
    Forgive me for my unbelief,
    Henceforth I'll trust in thee."

"Bub" Marsh December 23, 1943

god bless all servicemen past and present, i am ashamed:(

4. Kukri4302

Kukri4302

Dec 26, 2002
    KENDO,
    Get lost!Found a mate for you,! Her name is Jane Fonda!!Same views,understand she is single,she claims she now asks for forgiveness! Not from me!!Not for you & not for her!
    jim

5. Kendo

Aug 10, 2002
    i ask not for me but for the forum give it up thanks,if you wish to villify me here is my personnel email.
    do so to this by all means if it makes you feel good. [email protected].:(

6. Mad Mike

Mad Mike

Apr 17, 2002
    Frank,
    Thanks!(And if you're a Vet, right back at ya!) Guys like you are why I like to read this forum and post here sometimes. The Men and Women that are going into harms way now are the ones who get my salute and gratitude.

Kendo,
    As one of those servicemen I accept your apology. Sometimes our "yappers get our crappers" in trouble. It takes guts for a man to admit he made a mistake.

Mike

7. Kendo

Aug 10, 2002
    yep it sure did but i was ashamed of what i done so i had to fess up and take the ridicule. i could have so easily said up yours an carried on but thats not me i am afraid. if i am wrong i says so.
    regards ken:)

8. mattjerom

mattjerom

Jan 6, 2003
    Kendo most of the time when I find myself saying things I don't realy believe in its becuase something else is bothering me I can't talk about. Hope whatever it may have been gets worked out. Apoligize excepted as a vet and a American I believe that if I can let it go so can others. Thanks for being man enough to admit a misunderstanding. I may disagree with someones oppion but I will also die to defend the right of free speech.

9. SkagSig40

SkagSig40

Feb 1, 2001
    Read my sig! To all who made this country and all who maintain and love it my hat is off to you!;)

10. JUSTRIGHT

JUSTRIGHT

Aug 10, 2001
    Thank you,I'm not a vet but sometimes I wish I were.I just wanted to thank all of you and give thanks for the U. S. OF A. I've had my own wars of the urban jungle type but that doesn't compare to what u guys have went through over the years!SO THANK YOU. FRANK C....:D ;)