1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Baby Suga Knife for 6/21

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Yangdu, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    7.5 inch 5 ounce villager fit and finish Baby Suga Knife by Ram Kumar and his brother-in-law. Chiruwa style bone handle. Natural leather sheath. Awesome team work! One more new addition to your collection at $125. *SOLD*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Email to [email protected] to order
    First come first served

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  2. EricTheRedBeard

EricTheRedBeard Basic Member Basic Member

May 17, 2018
    Wow! That's a looker!

3. George Azar

George Azar Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2017
    Where is Bawanna! This your your weakness! Bone/antler handle is waiting for you!

4. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    That handle, that sheath. My kryptonite indeed. I gots a Suga and I'm trying to be frugal but this one's mighty tough.

I need to do some deep breathing here and ponder some.

George Azar likes this.
  5. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    This is probably about rare as chicken lips. Somebody should probably jump all over this.
    Doubt we'll see another one for a long spell. A My OH MY for sure.

George Azar likes this.
  6. George Azar

Apr 18, 2017
    I would have been all over this if it was larger. I’ve got a Suga Knife and it is awesome!

XelaXela likes this.
  7. ndoghouse

ndoghouse Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Man! That is sweet! Great belt knife! Id like to have one of those sometime. Im tapped for now tho.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    George Azar likes this.
  8. cul4u01

cul4u01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2012
    Does it look like there is a top swedge? I don't think so.

9. PappaCutter

PappaCutter

Jul 24, 2015
    I'll go for it

EMS 7.5 inch 5 ounce villager fit and finish Baby Suga Knife by Ram Kumar and his brother-in-law. Chiruwa style bone handle. Natural leather sheath. Awesome team work! One more new addition to your collection at $125.

XelaXela, NYCDanMan and George Azar like this.
  10. NYCDanMan

NYCDanMan Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 18, 2011
    I was literally just scrolling through and couldn’t believe there were so many posts without a purchase! Great get!

11. XelaXela

XelaXela

Feb 22, 2010
    Congrats on the buy. This is a sweet, sweet knife. (hope it's two of them that are for sell. i see two posts on a baby suga.)

12. XelaXela

XelaXela

Feb 22, 2010
    I have had an opportunity to browse thru the history of the forum while searching for "Suga", and I can clearly see that the design has grown over time (and from Kami to Kami).

This new version, to me, seems re-invigorating, blending the classic khukuri lines with Western world nuances. It's like a late 1800's early 1900's bayonet meets Nepal/Himalayas. Full tang, solid guard. This later version of the guard (compared to Padam's) in particular is...sublime. And the blade has moved away from a flare (up) at the point, and back to the traditional lines of the khukuri (more lightly curved downwards).

If I were to see a full size version of THIS Baby Suga, my oh my.... I'm thinking 15-17 inches, and no more than 18-20 ounces.... oh my.

Not taking credit away from Kami Padam (I noticed his knives lacked a guard, generally)... but Ram Kumar and his brother-in-law have a grand vision here.

One of Padam's old pieces here comes really close to what I have in mind, except for the guard (scroll down):
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...nd-beautiful-offerings.1187821/#post-13606525

"13 3/4 inch 20 ounce Suga Knife by Padam. Satisal wood handle. Leather scabbard. Add to your ongoing collection at $95. *SOLD*"

Anyway, pardon the blabbering verbosity.

XX

13. XelaXela

XelaXela

Feb 22, 2010
  14. George Azar

Apr 18, 2017
  15. XelaXela

XelaXela

Feb 22, 2010
    The Suga (with the metal guard) on that post from 2015 resembles some of the designs out there on the market, which is not bad. But this old timey guard on the Baby Suga would set HI apart, I think.

Indeed, one can dream, and wait :)

XelaXela

George Azar likes this.
  16. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    Thought mine was like that but it doesn't have the guard and it's quite comfy and handy without it.
    I do like the looks of the guard and of course would probably add another since it would be different.
    Any reason to buy another HI knife.
    [​IMG]

George Azar likes this.
  17. cul4u01

cul4u01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2012
    My friend who hunts a lot, loves a Padam Suga that I gifted him. He keeps it pretty sharp, including the top swedge, and says, it's the best field dressing blade he's got.

George Azar likes this.