Backpacker Scales!

Discussion in 'Daniel Fairly Knives' started by Daniel Fairly Knives, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Daniel Fairly Knives

Daniel Fairly Knives Full Time Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 9, 2011
    Optional removable shadowboxed scales are in the works! I'm beyond excited about these, they were the plan from the start and are finally happening. How do you guys like the black screws on this one? 109802384_1193095901029318_2427437348753120241_o.jpg

flatblackcapo likes this.
  2. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Black screws against that micarta looks very clean. Came you do other colors?

3. Daniel Fairly Knives

Daniel Fairly Knives Full Time Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 9, 2011
    Hey thanks!

Yes I can, I'm probably doing satin at first because that's what my supplier currently has made... USA made to the industries highest tolerances and heat treated.

I'll finish them all sorts of ways most likely, I usually custom size and treat each screw. They usually have Beta Titanium screws so I'll get them once in stock. lol I spent about 5 hours yesterday on screw selection and went with the same guys I have been using for years.

woodysone likes this.
  4. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    Yes!!!!!
    I like the black hardware.
    Are these available now?

5. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    Thanks! Not available yet, this is the first really good prototype and now I'll get busy making a batch. I'll be sure to announce here when they are available at www.fairlyknives.com

woodysone and flatblackcapo like this.
  6. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    Cough...grey TeroTuf...cough cough. :D

7. Jaydud

Jaydud Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 24, 2015
    Nice! I’ve been wanting scales for my backpacker.

Daniel Fairly Knives likes this.
  8. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    I worked on more of these all day today, I'll announce it here when they are ready to go.