1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

BAD- Received Rocks vice Rockstead

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by EurAzn12, Jul 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EurAzn12

EurAzn12 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 9, 2016
    Link to buy thread: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/sold.1674741/#post-19155187

Seller: luh1202

Events: after a short email exchange with seller I agreed to pay 850 via G&S and sent him the payment. Once the payment was confirmed seller sent me tracking info. The knife was signed for and confirmed delivered on Monday, July 29 2019. My wife signed for the package as I was out of state until late last night, 30 July. I brought the box to work and video taped the opening as I do any purchase. It immediately felt off by the sound the box made, but weight felt right for a knife (not overly heavy or light). Anyways, I opened the package and found a ziplock full of rocks wrapped in paper. I have opened a dispute in PayPal and I'm awaiting resolution.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  2. jux t

jux t Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Wow, unbelievable! Are you able to post the unboxing video?

3. bhyde

bhyde UNNECESSARY EVIL Staff Member Super Mod Moderator Platinum Member

Mar 19, 2002
    mmmotorcycle and Mike Pierson like this.
  4. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    Oh damn. I was looking hard at that one myself.

mmmotorcycle and tyyreaun like this.
  5. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Damn, what a crook!

Mike Pierson likes this.
  6. Barman1

Barman1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 21, 2013
    You got a Rockstead clone...Rocksinstead.:rolleyes:

7. vintagebob

vintagebob Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Apr 2, 2019
    Wow. Sorry to hear it.

8. Gastonknife

Gastonknife Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Wow, that is unreal. Seller does have some positive transactions.
    Please keep us updated. Did you advise the seller and what did they say? (although not sure what one really could say when you got a box of rocks)

mmmotorcycle, tyyreaun and EurAzn12 like this.
  9. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    mmmotorcycle and Mike Pierson like this.
  10. EurAzn12

EurAzn12 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 9, 2016
    I have a nearly 2 minute video I'm trying to upload to imgur but I have to break it in to 60 second segments. Working that now. I'll probably just use YouTube. Uploading soon

Dadpool, jux t and benchwarmer380 like this.
  11. luh1202

luh1202

Jun 25, 2017
    I don't know what to say, a straight-up scam. You can open the package and replace the inside with rocks. Why would I do such a thing? Ship a box of rock to you?

mmmotorcycle likes this.
  12. kvaughn

kvaughn Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Were rocks sharp at least?--KV

Barrettboy and mmmotorcycle like this.
  13. pommie

pommie

Aug 22, 2014
    The USPS label should have the weight on it, is the weight of the box the same as the weight on the label? this will tell you if it was changed in transit or not.

14. luh1202

luh1202

Jun 25, 2017
    Good point.

15. Elgatodeacero

Elgatodeacero Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 5, 2014
    this dispute will be watched by many.

was the shipment insured?

16. luh1202

luh1202

Jun 25, 2017
    Yes, for 800$

mmmotorcycle likes this.
  17. EurAzn12

Oct 9, 2016
    I can take the exact contents to the USPS store later today and have it weighed. Uploading a video now to YouTube and will update the original post once it's done.

18. jux t

jux t Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Do you remember the packing tape used and what the box looked like in general? Before he posts his video it might be pertinent information.

Lone_Wolfe and Sleeper80 like this.
  19. luh1202

luh1202

Jun 25, 2017
    It's useless info. People who did this would replica whatever I did. Anyway, a small USPS priority box with clear tape.

20. Sleeper80

Sleeper80

Apr 6, 2017
    You better gopro yourself walking into UPS to get it weighed. This guy sounds like a grade A piece of shit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.