Becker Free Fallin’ Snarkin’

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by GeofS, Sep 23, 2019.

1. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    try the "garage door opener rated" LED bulbs - they're supposed to run on a different frequency that doesn't mess with radio signals.

GeofS likes this.
  2. tanglediver

tanglediver Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 2, 2013
    I mounted up the standard 4' fluorescent double tube WITH the little rf filter for good measure, and .... it's perfect!
    ~~~
    So, that Thanksgiving storm swept right across the continent they say. It dumped white flakey stuff down below 3,000 feet. The view on Friday before it melted back up.
    [​IMG]

DunkEm, The Warrior, GeofS and 2 others like this.
  3. MolokaiRider

MolokaiRider Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 13, 2017
    Calm weather this morning.

D092B3A2-03A9-4CD5-98F2-11CB51CD453A.jpeg AB6EEAF6-5757-414F-A189-6A5977A33B53.jpeg

4. The Warrior

The Warrior Insane Viking Moderator

Mar 11, 2011
    Not a bad day at work, but good to be home.

tanglediver and MolokaiRider like this.
  5. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    This has been one dead forum.

6. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    Ol' Dubz has killed the snark thread....twice.

tanglediver likes this.
  7. DunkEm

DunkEm Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Everyone is still in post Thanksgiving turkey comas.

8. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    Whoa, life form.

I think you're right. :thumbsup:

Xr6x, DunkEm and GeofS like this.
  9. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    Joined a vintage stove forum. Go figure.

10. GeofS

GeofS “Nostra-bladus” Platinum Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Hi fellas! :)

11. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    Whoa, more life forms. :thumbsup:

12. 1066vik

Nov 28, 2009
    yeah - well.
    after the sprint/t-mobile merger my wifi signal went from 2mbps to 2kbps, so I'm not surfing the webs very quickly.

Xr6x, MolokaiRider and The Warrior like this.
  13. MolokaiRider

Sep 13, 2017
    These phone service providers are a buncha scam artists.

Found out a three months ago they were charging us for six phone lines. For two years! We have five phones. Called and told them shut it down. No refund was given.

Called again two weeks ago...still charging us for six lines. Threatened to leave. They knock a hundred bucks off bill and give us hot spots.

All our phones started acting up after “updates”. Cameras wonky, battery dies fast, apps glitch.

Service rep told me they mess the phones up on purpose to get you to upgrade.

Had to pay off phones to upgrade to new ones.

Endless money pits!

First world problems!

:):):p:p:D:D

Xr6x, JJ_Colt45, DunkEm and 1 other person like this.
  14. 1066vik

Nov 28, 2009
    Kraken Dark Roast = delicious. (that's right, 66.6 proof espresso flavored dark rum)
    Stillhouse Spiced Cherry White Whiskey = not bad. (sold in a stainless steel paint thinner can)
    homemade 40 proof chai = pretty decent. (tazo liquid chai concentrate mixed with vodka & white rum, then aged)

15. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    Brother came over tonight, and gifted me a Coleman catalytic heater, model 511a 700, with a manufacture date of 8/66. Pretty dang cool. Free too. :thumbsup:

Aikiguy, tanglediver, GeofS and 4 others like this.
  16. DunkEm

Dec 9, 2013
    I need to go rumble around in my boxes. I've got an old Coleman heater you might like to see.

Given the current week, and the state of my garage, look for pics no later than the second quarter of 2020.

17. DunkEm

Dec 9, 2013
    Cell phones do seem like a scam. I'm paying monthly on ours and with the Black Friday sale that just rolled through it would be cheaper to buy new ones than pay the current ones off, but I agreed to the contract so....

I haven't noticed any changes since the Sprint/T-mobile merge. But maybe being on Google Fi and living where I live means nothing really changed for me.

Xr6x and MolokaiRider like this.
  18. JJ_Colt45

JJ_Colt45 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    well I'm not a big phone person ... I only got a cell phone so my elderly parents could always get ahold of me anytime they needed or wanted ... and just a few months ago my Galaxy S5 blew up so I had to get a new S10 ... since I still have my mom and now a teenage girl that needs to be able to contact me anytime ...

I almost went back to a flip phone ... but they only had a couple real cheap feeling flip phones ... so I got this S10 and figured it out ok ... but I can see down the road a few years ... I will most likely either go back to the simplest flip phone possible ... or may go back to a landline with a rotary dial ... and shoot the S10.

19. MolokaiRider

Sep 13, 2017
    I kinda miss the old Nextel bricks that had two way communication. Bomb proof and very clear to hear each party.

Then they got bought out and discontinued. Apparently it worked too well hahaha!

tanglediver, DunkEm, GeofS and 2 others like this.
  20. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    I was telling my wife last night that I wish I would have never gotten a cell phone. To me, they're a gigantic pain in the ass.