1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 38 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Benchmade customer service??

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by Joe Kidd, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Trevor Trombley

Trevor Trombley

Sep 10, 2019
    This is a professional company. On their websites, when you email them it tells you that they will reply within 2-3 business days. All of that would be great if they actually did it. I have contacted them multiple time and called and let them know what I emailed them. They said “we will check” I also sent messages on Facebook..... it shows they see it but again won’t reply. 3 or more years ago if you contacted them they were amazing but lately they have takes a shit on customer service. And yet I keep with them hoping it will get better and yet it doesn’t.... I am stilllll waiting for a reply.

Cypress likes this.
  2. Fordbronco1995

Fordbronco1995

Sep 10, 2019
    Why not call them with your question? I sent them a email sunday and still havent got a reply, called them monday about 4 est time and talked to a person in about 2-5 min.

3. lovescamaros

lovescamaros Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I havent ever had more than a few days in between email communication to Benchmade about parts, repair or the military discount now with a company like cold steel i never ever heard anything back on parts requests!

4. Centermass

Centermass

Feb 25, 2016
    I’ve never had anything but good experience contacting BKC over the years, whether by email or phone. In fact, just last week I emailed requesting a few replacement clips for various knives. They responded the next day asking me to call them so they could better help me, since (as most everybody knows) they’re now charging a nominal fee for them. Last Wednesday I called and spoke to Jaya (sp?), who was very courteous and helpful, and by Monday I had them in my mailbox in Florida. Doesn’t get much better than that in my opinion.

5. Fordbronco1995

Fordbronco1995

Sep 10, 2019
    I agree, just ordered a deep carry clip for my mini crooked river and the customer service rep was nice and very informative, hopefully i have it soon

6. colin.p

colin.p

Feb 4, 2017
    I tried using the web contact page twice (for unrelated issues) and didn't get a response, I then tried a direct email and got results within a couple of days.

I had to do the same with Kershaw, no web response but did with a direct email.

Next time I will try calling them as I would imagine that would even be better.

7. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    My experience as well regarding using their web contact form. Never got a reply. Next time I'll try a direct email.

Wait: what is their contact email?

8. colin.p

colin.p

Feb 4, 2017
    I'm not Stateside so I have to use the [email protected] addy.

sharp_edge likes this.
  9. 017

Mar 31, 2016
    Being outside the USA, I always email Benchmade and the majority of the time receive a reply within a few days.

In regards to actual service (completely limited to parts requests), I've always had very good luck, until recently...

I requested some parts for four different knives, and received incorrect parts for two. Three attempts later, and I still have not received the correct parts (reading comprehension appears to have taken a nosedive as of late). Parts take at least 1 month to arrive, so over four months later, I have a nice selection of duplicate parts for knives I don't have. Thankfully I didn't pay for them.

10. Dtuluu

Dtuluu

Aug 22, 2018
    I thought they do not ship spare parts at all, asking for a knife to be sent in instead

11. vinte77

vinte77 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I've never had issues with both online and telephone contact with BKC service, either a response within 3 days depending on the method of contact and no longer than 3-5 minute wait, respectively.

However, I have a friend who's technically challenged and he always has issues with the online contact, but has never had an issue calling them.

12. 017

Mar 31, 2016
    I'm talking about the standard parts they will send out for free (handle screw set, male pivot screw, clips, thumb studs).

13. colin.p

colin.p

Feb 4, 2017
    That's correct, if you reside in the States. However, they have sent internal parts internationally on an as-needed basis. Of course YMMV.

14. vinte77

vinte77 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I just got back my custom crooked river that I sent in for the carbon fiber handle upgrade. I mailed in the knife per directions online and filled out the form. I got a prompt response within 2 business days after receipt of my knife with a summary of my request. I was given a 2-3 week turnaround time.

After about a week or so from the email I received, I got a follow up call so that I could provide payment. Then I received the knife in the mail a little less than 2 weeks later. Everything was done according to my request, including no sharpening of the knife. Below is a picture of the knife.
    2019-09-18_09-00-24.jpg

Nbrackett and colin.p like this.
  15. sv4

sv4

Feb 13, 2014
    I am also outside USA, and have used both the website contact form and [email protected] for pocket clip requests a few times. Every single time, a customer service representative got back to me within 1-3 days. So far, I've only had great experience with Benchmade's customer service.

colin.p likes this.