Best 2.5 inch knife?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by kingston73, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Sos24

Sos24 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 14, 2018
    Ferrum Forge Mini Arch Bishop is really nice little knive and I would consider comparable to the Dragonfly II closed, but the blade is 2.75 which might be too big for your needs.

Here are a couple pics of the Mini ArchBishop and Dragonfly II side by side.
    FF1DFDAA-0EAB-43AA-BA9D-DA3AFB2C4728.jpeg 3CC85D86-8C26-4046-83E7-D653D97E357B.jpeg

2. Tongkang

Tongkang

Aug 28, 2016
    Far being the best but it’s 2.5’
    [​IMG]

CanadaKnifeGuy and Bastler like this.
  3. Hal

Hal

Feb 26, 1999
    Another hand in the air for the Kershaw Scallion.
    Cute little rascal that slips nicely in the pocket & is oh so easy to open with the flipper and assist.

4. DangerZone98

DangerZone98

Dec 7, 2019
    If you don’t mind a lower end steel, there’s the Cold Steel Micro Recon 1. For the price though, you still get one of the strongest locks in the market. Cons are the two finger grip and lack of a pocket clip.

5. Velitrius

Velitrius Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2000
    And the fact that OP doesn't like back locks. I'd have mentioned the Spyderco Baby Jess Horn if not for the fact that it's a lockback.

The Chive and Scallion also act as a perfect money clip if you are one of us who uses such.

DangerZone98 likes this.
  6. Lee D

Lee D Basic Member Basic Member

May 27, 2013
    Tongkang likes this.
  7. dalefuller

dalefuller Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Hogue makes a 1.95" auto, the AO1 Microswitch. It's a well made little auto. I gave one as a Christmas gift last year and played with it some before I wrapped it up.

8. ferider

ferider Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 20, 2018
    Hinderer Halftrack (2.7", maybe that's OK ?)

9. Easyrider

Easyrider Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2000
    Another vote for the Spyderco Lil’ Native. The Kershaw Chive is another great little knife. How about a Spyderco Cricket?

10. jstrange

jstrange

Mar 31, 2012
    The best 2.5 inch knife is the one you left at home while you carried a real knife ;)

11. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    image.jpeg I like the William Henry B-5. image.jpeg

Lee D likes this.
  12. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    The best knife is any you have on you while you left home. I guess they are small enough that you do not notice it and always have it. I do like the quote above, as I like the two is one rule.

jstrange likes this.
  13. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    I second that! I was surprised at how good my Cat was when I got it.

14. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    I like that Cat! I love mine. Mine is a 440C, also, but mine is the older one with jimping. No matter, this is a knife that is worth more than the inexpensive price you pay for it. It was better than a knife I got that cost nearly 4x what I paid for my Cat. It is that good.

evilgreg likes this.
  15. TravisH

TravisH Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 22, 2014
    Lots of great recommendations so far, especially the ZT22 and William Henry B-5. :thumbsup:

But, since you've got a Spydy theme going with the PM2 and Manix, the Spyderco Lil' Native with Compression Lock in S30V or Rex45 would seem to be the logical progression.

16. Chronovore

Chronovore Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 29, 2019
    How is the action on the Flipshank? I've had a few tiny knives with flippers or thumb studs. I can snap them open with concentrated effort but with my long fingers, it's been too awkward for EDC consideration.

17. Dadpool

Dadpool Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    Quite good, and it's still not entirely broken-in yet. It snaps open crisply with the flipper or thumb stud, although I find it harder to use the thumb stud and doubly so if I want to slow-roll it.

Doesn't quite drop shut, but for such a stubby blade I'm not sure that's in the cards. Very smooth closing action, too. :)

Chronovore likes this.
  18. stilgar

stilgar

Sep 28, 2004
    I have one also. It's a useful little knife. I prefer the thumb stud to the flipper.

19. Chronovore

Chronovore Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 29, 2019
    Here is a picture of the little folders I mentioned. Both are inexpensive D2 knives from Kubey. Neither have clips.

The flipper tab knife is just too small. Actuating the tab with long fingers means holding it in funky ways.

The thumb stud knife is actually okay. It has a snappy detent and just enough grip space for me to be able to operate it. I've occasionally dropped it into a fifth pocket or the pocket of a canvas jacket. Since I can almost always carry something a little bigger though, I do.

[​IMG]

20. JokersFaceLifter

JokersFaceLifter

Jan 6, 2016
    try some of the new offerings from MKM, they have them featured pm BHQ in the new arrivals section, they are fixed blades but rather small, and around your requested length, no moving parts is a good thing yea?

Bwana1 and Chronovore like this.