1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Attention BF2020 Away We Go - Books are closed

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by knifeswapper, Aug 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colt_Chad

Colt_Chad Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 16, 2020
    I'm going to have to treat this like NFA firearm approvals. Apply, pay the tax, and try to forget about it altogether...it'll be a great surprise when it arrives!

2. dsutton24

dsutton24 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 9, 2018
    Mike, thanks for taking this project on and making it work. When that knife shows up next week I'm going to be really happy, I can tell you...

Will Power, mbkr, meako and 3 others like this.
  3. Ernie1980

Ernie1980 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Next week? You are very optimistic!!

chuck4570 likes this.
  4. PJLime

PJLime

Apr 3, 2016
    Thanks for taking on the project and seeing it through!

chuck4570 likes this.
  5. dave308ek

dave308ek

Apr 19, 2014
    sagacious. :D

chuck4570 likes this.
  6. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    I'm a fan of giraffe bone! You've got my attention

Cvrobinson and chuck4570 like this.
  7. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2016
    Mike, can I also get on this list? Thanks!

knifeswapper likes this.
  8. Snodgrass

Snodgrass

Feb 7, 2016
    Pop me on the standby list, please, Mike. I have been on vacation and forgot to check in.

knifeswapper likes this.
  9. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    For those that ordered a second or third and really have little need for that many (and have no intention on selling), maybe you could talk to Mike and cancel or modify your order to allow for the stragglers to get one of these knives.

As I saw thing play out, I was thinking of ordering a second knife to complete the order vs purchase list. But I certainly don't need it or in fact need the first knife. So, I didn't. I'm comfortable with one.

Storm 8593 and Quiet like this.
  10. Cvrobinson

Cvrobinson Going to hell, I’ll be back, anyone need anything Gold Member

Dec 19, 2017
    Ordered 3, two for self, one for friend in NZ. If anyone (who meets the ordering criteria) wishes to purchase the extra knife at cost, feel free to PM me.

11. hhmoore

Feb 7, 2014
    @22-rimfire people's reasons for ordering multiples are their own. With these specific covers, I'm sure some of the doubles are to allow the buyer to choose the one he likes best - the others will filter out to the people that missed the order period later

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    Ultiman and .577NE like this.
  12. Mass1632

Mass1632 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2019
    I dont think hes referring to that people that really want two or three. Just the individuals that purchased more than what they really needed and only did so to help mike or they felt a little over zealous when they ordered or whatever their reason.

13. 22-rimfire

Nov 20, 2005
    Of course they are. Why would anyone think otherwise? I made the suggestion above as some were ordering an extra knife to avoid Mike potentially getting stuck with a bunch of knives that he has to pay for.

14. hhmoore

Feb 7, 2014
    Apparently I misinterpreted - apologies

15. 22-rimfire

Nov 20, 2005
    Thanks for your apparent apology.

16. gruntmedik

gruntmedik Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Sorry I missed out on this one.

17. HOMER GRIFIN

HOMER GRIFIN

Apr 15, 2015
    I will keep you in mind in case I don’t like the “crusty” covers. I have two others in micarta and burl coming

gruntmedik likes this.
  18. hhmoore

Feb 7, 2014
    CK was doing a standby list. I believe there were to be a few extras, and some might cancel - it's certainly worth a shot to reach out to him. Worst case, he says he's no longer taking names

gruntmedik likes this.
  19. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Hi Mike (@knifeswapper),

I know you said December as projected arrival of the BF knives from Viper, but I was curious if they are able to provide you with any progress updates (or even some teaser pictures). If not, no worries, I'll pipe down and be patient; but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

20. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Bump x 2 :)

LizaMari, Will Power, seas165 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.