1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Big Smoke Needed For Walosi!!!!

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Yvsa, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Yvsa

Yvsa

May 18, 1999
    I'm sad to have to bring y'all this news but Walosi was put back in the hospital Tuesday night. He had a relapse of the CIDP that put him in the hospital in September. Walosi also has Congestive Heart Failure. He was at least able to tell them what was going on and that he needed help. Walosi is on a respirator and is undergoing plasma "replacemment" therapy which is supposed to do away with the footprint of the disease he has. With the complications Walosi is very weak. This is the last sentence of his son Brian's email to me...

"Yvsa, right now all we can do is "bring smoke" and pray hard. :( Please put out this prayer request and I'll keep you posted.
    Brian"

2. Rusty

Rusty Moderator Moderator

Mar 8, 1999
    Will do as soon as this gets sent.

Done. On it's way.

3. Aardvark

Aardvark

Nov 26, 2002
    Same from here. All the best.

4. DannyinJapan

DannyinJapan

Oct 9, 2003
    May God give him and his family strength.

5. not2sharp

not2sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 1999
    Sad news. I will wish him a fast recovery, and hope that he can rejoin us when he feels better.

n2s

6. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    Smoke up. If somebody knows Wal's full name, dob, and birthplace send it along and I'll stick him on Medicine Buddha prayer list.

7. ddean

ddean

Mar 26, 2002
    Done.

~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    <>call me
    'Dean' :)-FYI-FWIW-IIRC-JMO-M2C-YMMV-TIA-YW-GL-HH-HBD-IBSCUTWS-tWotBGUaDUaDUaD
    <> Tips <> Baha'i Prayers Links --A--T--H--D

8. BruiseLeee

BruiseLeee

Sep 7, 2001
    :( .

9. munk

munk

Mar 22, 2002
    Prayers for Walosi.

munk

10. Roadrunner

Roadrunner

Jun 9, 1999
    Thanks for posting this Yvsa. Not exactly the news anyone wants to hear but at least if we know we can help in some small way. Consider it done.

11. Cuttin' Craig

Cuttin' Craig

Jun 9, 2001
    Done. I hope he can make a full recovery, so he can raise the next generation of woodchucks. His advice on woodfinishing has always been right on target, and resulted in some beautiful wood handled Khuks hanging on my wall. He IS one of the good guys! :)

-Craig

12. ferguson

ferguson

Feb 21, 2001
    Smoke and prayers from here.

Steve

13. Ad Astra

Ad Astra Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Lighting now, with utmost sincerity & belief in Walosi's recovery.

AA

14. namaarie

namaarie

Aug 23, 2004
    Smoke and prayers. Best wishes to your friend.

Chris

15. Nasty

Nasty Chief Cook & Bottle Wash

Nov 11, 2003
    Done......

16. Yvsa

Yvsa

May 18, 1999
    This in from Brian who has been here lurking under Walosi's name so if you should see it you'll know who it is.;)

Brian wrote in email to Yvsa:
    .... "Talked to the hospital this morning, Dad did well through the
    night. He got allot of rest.
    He's a tough old bird, too stubborn to let things get him down for
    long.... and that's a major plus on his side."

Sometimes it pays to have the genes of old survivors on your side. The Cherokee were/are tough, had to be too survive all of these years.
    If anyone will make it through sheer stuborness it will be my brother Walosi!!!!:D

17. Kismet

Kismet

Jan 30, 2002
    Done.

dammit.

18. 37up

37up

Jun 16, 2002
    Prayers and positive thoughts.

we're all in this together.

19. LongRifle

LongRifle KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 5, 2000
    Hope for a speedy and full recovery.

~M

20. Big Bob

Big Bob

Oct 13, 1999
    Prayers for Walosi added to the list.

Bob