1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

BigBiscuit

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by neal70, Oct 26, 2017.

1. knowtracks

knowtracks Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Smoke and Prayers up from Montana.
    I'm Thankful Bob's pain is over. Now we need to follow his example.

Dave

t.willy, neal70, Half/Stop and 6 others like this.
  2. Rookie82

Rookie82 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 25, 2014
    I never knew him personally, but anyone who hangs out on the Porch knows of him. Everyone he touched here through a conversation, photos, knife buying/selling, gifts, kind words, etc. will all be better off in life for having interacted with Bob. We all take a small piece of his legacy with us, and hopefully spread that on to others in time.

3. Stropping Young Lad

Stropping Young Lad Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Sleep well, Bob. The part of this world that knew you will miss you very much.

4. gonebad395

gonebad395 Ironworker!

May 19, 2015
    Gods speed bob you truly deserve a rocker on the porch. My prayers to the family know he was a great man.

neal70, r redden and paulhilborn like this.
  5. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Never knew Bob and don't think I even had any forum interactions with him, but I never heard anything but good things about him and my condolences go out to all of his friends and family including his forum family.

neal70, paulhilborn, mrknife and 2 others like this.
  6. willythekid

willythekid Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'll get around to posting the last knife I traded with Bob for... I think it would be fitting to keep this thread alive. Many prayers sent to Bob's family from up here in North Dakota. I think Bob must have been touched by all the kind things that were said about him by members of the porch... The porch is a special place and it lost a very kind and good man. Rest in peace BigBiscuit.

neal70, paulhilborn and r redden like this.
  7. Lostball

Lostball Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2015
    My prayers go out to Bob and his family.

8. bonzodog

bonzodog Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 3, 2011
    RIP Bob

9. SadSappySucker

SadSappySucker

Jul 20, 2014
    This is very sad indeed.
    He was a large part of the reason this site was unlike most other areas on the VAST inter web. For a man to make such an impact with this many people all across the world is no easy task in a day when everything can be so anonymous and impersonal.

10. MJ71

MJ71 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2016
    It's strange how the passing of someone who one never met can strike as so sad. To me, Bob exuded humour and warmth. He was welcoming. Long ago, I posted a picture of a traditional next to a squid jig. Quick as a flash, a flurry of PMs from Bob ensued about fishing and the one that got away. You will not be forgotten. I can't help but feel a little corner of the Porch has been irretrievably wrested from its foundation. Heartfelt condolences to Bob's family and to those on the forum who knew him personally. R.I.P. MJ.

11. zolthar

zolthar Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 9, 2015
    My condolences to Bob's family and friends.

12. *Magic*

*Magic*

May 27, 2014
    Rest in peace Bob, my prayers go out to your family

r redden, neal70 and paulhilborn like this.
  13. awjones

awjones

Aug 7, 2016
    RIP

neal70 and paulhilborn like this.
  14. jprime84

jprime84

Jul 7, 2014
    Rest easy Bob :(

r redden, neal70 and paulhilborn like this.
  15. glennbad

glennbad Knife Moddin' Fool Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 13, 2003
    Here's one of my favorite knives I've ever done. I got it in pieces from another member some time back and set it aside. When Bob started to get a little worse, I rebuilt it with some killer gnarly stag, and sent it to him as a gift. I did have one condition, that he not hesitate if he needed to sell it for funds. He was tickled with it, but did eventually need to move it by sale. He felt bad, and msgd me about it, but I reminded him that was why I sent it to him in the first place. That's the kind of guy Bob was, always with concern for others, even with his own pain.

BB16 resize.jpg
    BB17 resize.jpg

16. neal70

neal70 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2015
    A beautiful piece of work Glen. And a fine thing to do.
    Thanks, Neal

glennbad and r redden like this.
  17. littleknife

littleknife

Nov 29, 2000
    Rest in peace, Bob!

My condolences to his Family.

neal70 likes this.
  18. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    I didn’t buy this #25 from Bob directly, but he was the first owner and put his trade mark easy open notch on this one. BB62310C-B02A-477D-A7D1-CEACBD5C27CF.jpeg

19. dispatch184

dispatch184 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Be at peace and pain free my friend. Thank you for every kind word and piece of wisdom. You will be so greatly missed, now and always.
    -Drew

neal70 likes this.
  20. ScottK

ScottK Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 1999
    I purchased this 83 from Bob a number of months ago. IMG_0192.jpg